Introvert

The others had all left a little while ago, and Ashley and I had the place to ourselves.  She was so shy around me, which surprised me.  The unique way she dressed, her bright, coloured hair and pretty smile, she seemed really outgoing.  I wouldn't have guessed she'd be so introverted.

She was slowly coming out of her shell a little, opening up as we talked, listening to the different bird calls echoing back from the trees surrounding us.  We talked about trivial things, like work, our hobbies and things like that.

She'd been to heaps of rock concerts when she was younger, which I thought was cool, but, otherwise, she wasn't much of a party goer.  She didn't really like drinking, and she'd never touched drugs before. 

"Except for weed, if that counts," she admitted, a little sheepishly.

"Did you like it?"  I wondered, and she nodded without hesitation.

"I like it better than being drunk," she said.  "It's so much easier to talk to people.  I kind of forget that I'm so shy and lame."

"You're not lame," I argued, but she just looked at me sceptically.

"Yes," she said sarcastically, "I'm renowned for my coolness."

"Come on," I laughed, getting up from the tree stump chairs, "come have a smoke with me."

She took my hand as I offered it, letting me help her to her feet, and lead her to the back of the house where the shed was.

"Where are we going?"

"The shed," I answered, shooting her a smile.

"The shed?" She asked doubtfully.

"Uh huh," I nodded, draping an arm around her shoulders.  "I live in the shed."

"Really?"

"Yup."

"Oh."