Inseong <Request>

Requested by @Tantan_Doodoo. I hope you like this one and thank you for requesting!! <3

P.s sorry that it's a bit long, I tried to shorten it down lol.

---------

You door bursts open to reveal an excited person who bounces there way over to where you lounged on your couch. "Alright, I'm taking you out to an art exhibit today!" your best friend excitedly tells you as she holds up a flyer. You sigh as your mind flicks back to old memories...

~~~~~~~~~

You gazed in amazement at the painting before you and state "it's so beautiful". Inseong laughs softly as he replies "thanks but your much more beautiful". You snicker at his comment before pushing him teasingly as you look at him with a raised eyebrow. "That was very cheesy of you to say" you state but smile nonetheless.

He shrugs as he says back "can't help but state the truth jagi" before he hugs you from behind and places a kiss on top of your head.

~~~~~~~~~

"I'm uh... happy for you Inseong" you say in shock holding back your tears as you watch your boyfriend look at the ground sad.  He looks up at your statement and replies "really? Your not upset?". Putting your best smile on, you cup Inseong's face with your hand making him look at you.

"You should chase your dreams and I'm not going to be someone who stops you from doing that" you say before leaning up and kissing your boyfriend gently. His hands move to sit on your hips as he kisses you back passionately.

"I love you, you know that right?" Inseong says. You nod not wanting to say anything, just enjoying the time you had left with him. 

~~~~~~~~

You read the message on your phone over again for what felt like the one hundredth time now, each time hoping that the words would form into a different sentence only to be disappointed over and over again. 

'I think it would be best for both of us if we just broke things off now instead of prolonging things. Long distance relationships never work out... I'm sorry Y/N...'.

~~~~~~~~

"I don't think that an art exhibit is my scene. Can't we just stay here and watch movies all day?" you ask pouting to your best friend. She looks to you unimpressed before pulling you off the couch and pushing you towards your room, "I am not leaving this house until you are dressed and by my side to go to an art exhibit, got that?". 

You knew you wouldn't be able to get out of this one and so you reluctantly nodded before retreating into the confines of your closet trying to find something that was at least decent enough to wear to an art exhibit. 

~~~~~~~~~

B/F/N hooks her arm with yours before you both walk into the front entrance of the art gallery, you already wanting to go back home and bury yourself within a blanket. "Oh don't be such a baby Y/N, enjoy what art has to offer" your best friend states as she gestures dramatically to your surroundings.

You hum in response before mindlessly wondering around feeling completely out of place.

~~~~~~~~~

Seeing a group of people gathered around something you make your way over wanting to see what they were all crowding around.

Someone laughs from beside you making you turn in their direction. A guy stands in front of you smiling before saying "the painting is beautiful. Take my word for it".

You nod politely and turn to the crowd again but the person speaks up again saying "the story behind it is really beautiful too. You want to know?".

"Uh.... I" you start to say but he interrupts you saying "alright cool. So it tells the story of a couple who were in love with each however they get separated when the guy makes a stupid decision that ultimately leads to the girl having her heart broken".

"Sounds familiar..." you mumble looking to the ground. "Must you tell everyone of how stupid I am?" A voice says distantly from behind you.

The guy whose name you still don't know chuckles lightly before saying "hey, I'm just stating the truth". The reply he gets is "yeah yeah".

Out of curiosity you look up turning to the source of the voice gasping when you see Inseong. He stops in his tracks eyes widening as they land on you before he whispers "Y/N...".

The guy beside you gasps too as he looks from you to Inseong, back and forth and back and forth. "OMG! NO WAY! THIS IS HER!?!" he then says now pointing directly at you.

Inseong nods speechless as you blush at the attention you were all receiving now. Luckily enough, you spot your best friend not too far away and speed walk to her quickly grabbing her by the arm and dragging her out the door, not daring to look back.

"Wha... wha.. Y/N! What is going on? Where are we going?" She tries to say but you continue pulling her out ignoring when you hear your name being called out.

"Is.. is that.... Inseong?" She asks after having looked over her shoulder. Even still, you remain silent not at all ready to face Inseong yet, not after all you had been through.

Your suddenly pulled back, confused you stop to look back seeing that your friend had tugged your hold on her stopping the two of you from moving anymore forward.

She notices your look of confusion and says softly "Y/N you need to talk to him, it's been long enough don't you think?". You sigh avoiding eye contact with her as you hear the sound of footsteps approaching.

She removes your hand from her arm as she says to you "text me when your done okay?". You nod in response still not looking at her directly.

You wait for the dreaded talk to happen and smile a little when you hear your best friend say to Inseong "you hurt her again and I'll make sure you feel her pain".

Soon enough he's in front of you but you don't bother to look up even as Inseong says softly "it's really nice to see you again Y/N".

You nod in response and Inseong sighs as he continues "I'm sorry for everything I did alright? I want you to know I regret it all and if I could go back and change it, I would.. without a single doubt in mind".

Closing your eyes for a second you take a deep breath in and out before finally looking at Inseong.

"We can't change what happened Inseong... we just have to deal with it and look what you've achieved so far. You finally got your dream, to have your art displayed for others to enjoy" you say smiling a little as you look back to the art gallery you had just fled moments ago.

He shakes his head violently as he says to you "I thought that was my dream but it's not, you are.. you always have been and I was stupid not to realise that before...".

"Please just give me a second chance Y/N" Inseong says, his voice breaking halfway through. You can feel the tears brimming at your eyes as you say unsure "I don't know Inseong...".

He shyly takes a step forward and another when you don't make a move to stop him. Finally he's as close as he can be to you, slowly reaching up he cups your cheek before drawing spirals upon it.

"I love you Y/N and I promise that I will never hurt you again" Inseong says as he stares deeply into your eyes.

Biting your lip you stand there for a moment unsure before looking at Inseong again and seeing his eyes full of love for you. You smile a little as you tentatively say "alright".

He breaks out into a grin before scooping you up and hugging you tight.

---THE END----