Zuho <Birthday>

OMG THIS IS SO VERY LATE BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZUHO!!

---------

Arriving at your best friend's house you make your way to the front door before pressing the doorbell. As it rings off inside, you sway softly as you fiddle with the present in your hand. You weren't entirely sure if Zuho would like it but you hoped that he would.

Your thoughts are interrupted when the door suddenly swings open to reveal Zuho himself who at the sight of you smiles instantly. You smile back happily before reaching over and giving him a hug as you say "happy birthday Zuho!".

He laughs happily at you before replying "thanks Y/N, I'm glad you could make it". You softly punch his arm as you teasingly say "well I wouldn't want to miss my besties birthday now would I?".

Zuho frowns a little but it's quickly replaced with a smile making you question whether you had just imagined it all. Before you get the chance to say anything, Jaeyoon bounces his way towards the two of you as he says "Y/N! Your here!".

You raise an eyebrow at his excitement before you questioningly say "yes?". "There's food inside, why you both standing here?" he asks finally taking into account his surroundings. Your eyes had lit up at the sound of food and you ask "where's the food?" making both Zuho and Jaeyoon laugh.

Blushing slightly you look to Jaeyoon who stops after a while and takes a hold of your hand leading you towards the food. You don't make a big deal of his actions instead focused on the food, however Zuho does and he watches sadly as the two of you wonder inside.

He closes the door with a sigh before mumbling "well, here's hoping tonight goes as planned" before following in the direction you and Jaeyoon had gone.

~~~~~~~~~

You had been enjoying yourself throughout the night as you talked among everyone here however halfway through the night you noticed that the birthday boy had been looking a bit down.

Spotting Zuho across the room, you watch as he quietly exits out the balcony door before he disappears out of view.

Making a slight detour at the food table you grab a cupcake before finding a candle and lighter. After grabbing everything, you follow Zuho out onto the balcony where he rests on the handrails looking thoughtfully out.

Sticking the candle into the cupcake you slowly make your way to stand beside Zuho. He jumps slightly having finally noticed you before his eyes go to the cupcake in your hand.

You smile softly at Zuho before lighting the candle. Once that's done, you lift the cupcake a bit higher and say "happy birthday Zuho, now make a wish".

He glances at you happily as a smile tugs at the corners of his mouth before his eyes flit shut. It's quiet for a few moments before his eyes open meeting yours and he blows the candle out. You laugh happily and offer him the cupcake.

"Thanks Y/N" Zuho says grabbing the cupcake and you blush as his hand brushes against yours. You turn your head to look away hoping he hadn't seen your reaction and when he doesn't say anything, you let out a breathe of relief.

Resting your hands onto the handrails, you smile softly at the view from the balcony and comment "it's really pretty out here isn't it?". Zuho laughs softly as he watches your face light up at the view before softly replying "yeah.. it really is".

You peek over your shoulder to smile at Zuho but is surprised to see him looking straight at you before his face turns into one of shock and he coughs before adverting his eyes away. Biting your lip at his cute behaviour, you look away also instead running your finger mindlessly along the metal rails.

It's quiet once again before you decide to look back spotting as Zuho runs his hand through his hair nervously. You smile at his gesture before saying "we should probably head back inside" before you push yourself off the railings standing straight.

Taking a step forward you stop when Zuho says "wait", you look to him with a questioningly look before asking "is everything alright Zuho?". He glances down and you don't catch it when he mumbles "I guess we'll find out after this...".

Scrunching your face up in confusion you ask "sorry what was that? I couldn't hear you". Zuho looks up at you eyes widen as he quickly replies back "oh.. nothing nothing" making you raise an eyebrow at his quick answer.

"Okkayy??" you say before you start to make you way towards the balcony door, however your again stopped when Zuho grabs a hold of your wrist softly making you glance up at him wide-eyed.

Spotting your facial expression he quickly lets go coughing as he looks away mumbling "sorry". "Um that's okay Zuho, are you going to tell me what's up with you?" you ask turning away from the door and giving Zuho your full attention now.

He takes a deep breathe before looking at you as he says "alright... I'm just going to come out and say it, like ripping the band-aid off. I mean how hard can it be, there's a 50/50 chance it goes good or like really really bad. Oh gosh I don't know if I can anymore, no wait I already sai-".

"Zuho! Calm down" you say cutting him off mid-rant. He quickly stops smiling nervously at you as he mumbles again "sorry". You smile at him in reassurance as you reply back "it's okay".

Nodding his head he speaks again "okay... I like you Y/N... like a lot and I just wanted to let you know since it's been bugging me having to keep it a secret for so long now...". You stare at Zuho in shock unable to speak.

He takes it the wrong way and quickly says "but it's okay! I'm not trying to force you into liking me back, I just wanted to let you know Y/N, that's all". You shift your gaze from Zuho to the ground and back to Zuho before letting yourself smile.

Zuho looks to you hopefully before grinning happily as you mumble "I like you too Zuho". He takes a cautious step closer to you before asking anxiously "are you sure? or are you just saying that to make me feel better?".

You punch his shoulder lightly as you say "of course I'm sure" before he scoops you up into his arms spinning you around happily. You giggle into his shoulder before wrapping your arms round his neck for safety.

"YAY MY WISH CAME TRUE!" he exclaims a few seconds later making you lean back and look at him curiously. Zuho smiles putting you down as he explains "I wished that you hopefully liked me back" blushing as he does.

Going to reply you stop when you hear a bunch of people say "awwww" making the two of you turn to the now opened balcony door where the rest of Zuho's friends and family stood watching happily.

You shriek in embarrassment before hiding behind Zuho who stands there blushing deeper now. "Hey Zuho! Next time don't yell something so interesting" Youngbin says making everyone laugh including you.

"Yeah yeah" Zuho mumbles but wraps his arm happily round you before squeezing you softly as you laugh at the tickling sensation ;).

----THE END----