Hwiyoung <Request>

This was an imagine requested by Neosagi. I'm really sorry it took so long to write but I hope it's what you asked for. Thank you for requesting ^_^

---------

You frowned to yourself staring at your phone in confusion. Looking at the time once again, you sighed before grabbing your bag and heading out your bedroom door. 

Checking out the window, you don't see your boyfriend's car parked outside before your attention turns to your mother who turns out your name.

"Y/N! You better hurry, you're going to be late to school" she calls out and you bite your lip unsure of what to do. Sighing once again, you take your phone out and text out a quick message to Hwiyoung.

Hey, I don't know where you are but I'm going to head off to school. I'll see you there okay?

Looking up, your mother looks at you questioningly and you smile reassuringly at her before saying "I was just texting Hwiyoung that I'll meet him at school since he obviously isn't coming anytime soon". 

You laugh at your sentence before tying your shoelaces before hugging your mum goodbye. She frowns at you but you don't take notice as you rush out the front door.

~~~~~~~~~

Arriving at the front gate of the school, you glance down at your phone and frown not seeing any notifications. Shaking your doubt away, you walk further into the school stopping when you see one of your friends ahead waving at you.

You wave back walking towards her before you say "hey F/N". She smiles softly back at you before replying "hey Y/N, how you feeling?". 

Smiling at her you say "I'm alright but have you seen Hwiyoung anywhere? I was waiting for him this morning but he took to long so I walked to school".

She goes to open her mouth to reply when the bell suddenly rings out stopping her before she can. "Well I guess I'll see if he's in class" you say shrugging your shoulders as you do. Hugging your friend quickly you head to your class hoping to see your boyfriend.

~~~~~~~~~

Lunchtime passes by and Hwiyoung is nowhere to be seen, you sit at the back of the school leaning on the wall as you dial your boyfriend's number once again. When his voicemail is the only response you get back, you turn your phone off frustrated.

You close your eyes and lean back onto the wall only to open your eyes again when something blocks the sunlight from your face. Looking up you gasp before jumping up and hugging Hwiyoung, glad to see him after the many unanswered calls.

After getting over the shock, you pull away seeing your boyfriend grin cheekily at you. You squint at him before smacking him on the arm as you say "I was worried about you! Why didn't you answer my calls or texts?".

He grabs hold of your hands as he frowns down at you making you falter in your actions. "Jagi you got to stop this" he says and you sigh but put your hands up in mock surrender before saying "alright alright, I won't hit you again".

Hwiyoung shakes his head at you before saying "you know that's not what I meant Y/N". You look up at him questioningly as you ask "what are you talking about Hwi?". He takes a step closer to you before reaching up and stroking your cheek as he smiles softly down at you.

You wait patiently for him to answer your question only to be met with the sound of the bell ringing for class to start again. Hearing your friend call your name out, you glance around checking for her but can't see her anywhere yet.

Laughing softly you say "F/N has been checking up on me a lot lately" before turning back to Hwiyoung. "Hwiyoung?" you ask not seeing him anywhere before F/N calls out to you closer this time.

"Y/N what are you doing back here? The bells gone" she says looking to you worriedly. Spinning to face her you point behind rolling your eyes as you say "Hwiyoung was just here, but being the silly boyfriend he is, he's disappeared again properly going to pop up later and scare me again. He always likes doing that to me". 

You shake your head after your comment thinking about all the times he's done exactly that. "Alright we should head to class now" F/N says before linking her arm with yours and walking the both of you back.

~~~~~~~~~~

Throwing your bag onto your bedroom floor you flop down on the bed tired from school. Staring mindlessly up at your ceiling, you ponder over what to do to cure your boredom.

Turning your head to the side, you spot your phone lying on the bedside table before rolling over to grab it. Deciding to call your boyfriend, your not surprised when your again met with the sound of his voicemail making you roll your eyes. 

~~~~~~~~~

A few hours pass with you watching YouTube videos when you hear something from your window. Furrowing your eyebrows in confusion, you walk over to look out when you spot your boyfriend waving from down below. 

You smile at him before heading outside to meet him. "What are you doing here?" you ask him smiling but it soon turns into a worried frown as Hwiyoung looks at you sadly holding your hands in his. 

"I have something to show you Y/N..." he says glancing at you before squeezing your hand tightly. "What is it Hwiyoung?" you ask curious but he doesn't reply back instead he starts walking down your street as you follow quietly alongside him.

~~~~~~~~~

After a few minutes Hwiyoung sighs stopping making you turn to question him yet again. "Will you please just tell me what's going on?" you say wanting some answers now. Hwiyoung lets go of your hand and softly says "you gotta let me go Y/N..".

You stare at him confused as you mutter "what?". "It isn't healthy for you to live this way you know?" he continues on, making you even more confused. He turns around suddenly back facing you before walking off leaving you there alone.

A single tear rolls down your face and you hurriedly wipe it away before running after Hwiyoung. Grabbing his shoulder you spin him around saying "explain to me all of this Hwiyoung! I am so confused.. what is going on?".

He smiles sadly at you before tapping your head lightly as he says "Y/N... it's all in your head, I'm not here anymore..". You stand there confused until Hwiyoung places his hands on your shoulders turning you round and saying "see".

You blink repeatedly before your eyes widen in shock at what you see. There in front of you stands a gravestone and on it reads:

Kim Youngkyun 1999 - 2017

Beloved son and boyfriend.

Your hand flies up to over your mouth in shock as you feel the tears pool in your ears. Turning to Hwiyoung, you gasp again not seeing him anywhere before you call out shakily "Hwiyoung!! Please!!".

The sound of silence fills the air and you crumble to the ground scared and worried. "Hwiyoung? This can't be true.. I saw you this morning..." you mutter looking at the ground in confusion before glancing back to your boyfriend's headstone. "This can't be" you whisper as you reach up and touch the headstone gently. 

Closing your eyes you wish everything to go back to normal however when you open your eyes again your met with the cold reality. You burst out into tears mumbling to yourself as the cold wind whips around you. 

----THE END----