Inseong <Birthday>

Happy birthday to the desert fox of SF9 - Inseong!!!

---------

Wondering down the aisles of the store you ran your hand through the many decorations hanging off the racks. Sighing you continue walking when your phone buzzes making you glance down at your pocket.

Suddenly you collide into someone, stumbling backwards a bit you quickly right yourself before looking up and quickly apologizing "I am so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going. Are you okay?".

The sound of laughter fills your ears and you feel your lips smile slightly before finally taking a good look at the person shocked at how handsome he is. He smiles happily at you before replying "I'm fine miss, are you okay?".

Giving the man a reassuring smile you nod your head and say "yes I'm fine thank you sorry to bump into you like that". He nods his head understandingly before you nod your head too unsure of what to do.

A few awkward seconds pass and you decide to move away saying "well, I better get going, have to get a few things then back to work" laughing awkwardly as your say it. Waving goodbye you walk away before being stopped as he says "oh... uh.. do you mind helping me out please? My friends forgot to buy decorations for a party so I have to get it myself...".

You squeal internally before replying casually "same as me then, I'm just buying whatever looks good since I don't really know the person well". He laughs before replying "okay cool we can help each other out then".

The two of your both spend time going through the shelves and racks finding stuff you think look cool before you realize you have to get back to work. Looking apologetic to the man you say "I'm so sorry I have to go now, it was really nice meeting you though. Bye".

As you pay for your things and exit out the entrance in a speedy manner, the man stands there watching regretfully as he mumbles "I didn't even get your name...". Sighing he twirls the decorations you picked out in his hand with a absent smile painted on his face.

"Well this is just sad... buying my own decorations and missing my chance with a girl, can this birthday get any worse?" Inseong laughs softly before paying for his stuff and heading out the front door too.

~~~~~~~~~

Pushing the restaurant door open, you yell a quick apology to your co-worker "hey C/N, I'm back sorry I took so long". Walking further into the restaurant you spot her through the kitchen window talking to one of the chefs before she spots you and yells back "oh Y/N your finally back, could you hurry and set the place up they might be showing up anytime now".

Nodding your head you set the bag down before getting to work on hanging stuff up and setting the tables and chairs. Half an hour later you stand back and admire your work feeling very proud of yourself.

C/N comes up behind you and pats your back as she says "nice work Y/N" before she glances down at her watch. "Oh looks like they should be arriving anytime now, do you mind helping in the kitchen and I'll call if I need you out front". You smile in reply before heading into the kitchen and helping start the prep for the party.

~~~~~~~~~

The hustle and bustle of people turning up to the restaurant meant that the kitchen staff was even more busy than before so there you were running around like a headless chicken trying to help out everyone as best as you can.

"Y/N we need the birthday cake please" C/N says as she pops her head in the kitchen door and you nod your head hurrying to the fridge to grab the cake. Placing it on one of the counters, you put candle on it before checking the cake was okay and lighting the candles.

Motioning for one of the staff to open the door, you smile at them in thanks before carefully making your way to the crowded table where you assumed the birthday person was at. C/N stands a few feet ahead pointing towards someone and you get the message making your way towards her.

The people start to part as they make way for you when they spot the cake and you smile at them all gratefully and gasp softly when you spot the man from earlier adorning a party hat. However you quickly cover it up with a smile as you set the cake down and say "happy birthday from R/N!". He looks up at you before his mouth drops in shock but smiles a few seconds later.

C/N asks you to help clear the other tables and you nod quickly before moving away and doing as told. After finishing majority of the tables, you decide to take a quick peek over your shoulder wanting to see what the man was up to.

However when he isn't anywhere to be seen, you frown in confusion before turning back around only to be scream quietly seeing him smirking in front of you. "Looking for me?" he asks with a big smile on his face making you roll your eyes but smile nonetheless.

"I wasn't looking for you, I was just checking if the party was okay. I didn't know it was your birthday" you comment looking up at him. He shrugs before replying "well you don't even know my name yet and I don't know yours either".

You nod your head at his comment before offering your hand and saying "I'm Y/N and you are?". He grins before grabbing your hand and replying "Inseong and your future date" making you raise an eyebrow at his sudden confidence.

Inseong laughs before asking nervously "too confident?". You laugh softly at his comment before shaking your head no but saying "maybe". "Shouldn't you get back to your party?" you ask after a few moments of mindless chatter.

He looks over your shoulder where his friends and family were all eating and socializing with each other before looking at you and smiling. "Nope, they all fine with me" he says and you laugh again before replying "alrighty then, a birthday without the birthday boy.. that sure makes sense".

Inseong laughs at you this time before asking "your funny and I want to get to know you better, would you go on a date sometime with me?". You stare at him speechless watching as he smiles innocently at you.

Biting your lip in fake thought you smile as Inseong watches you anxiously before you nod your head slowly saying "sure why not?". He laughs and hugs you quickly making you look to him in shock.

"Sorry about that was way too happy" Inseong says after pulling away, rubbing the back of his neck shyly. "It's okay" you reply back before spotting C/N pointing to the kitchen and so you nod your head in response.

Sighing you look to Inseong saying "sorry I have to get back to work but happy birthday Inseong enjoy the rest of your day!". He watches you leave once agian before he mumbles happily "I already am". "That is so cheesy hyung" Chani says coming up beside Inseong making him roll his eyes in response.

----THE END----