Chapter Eleven

The doctor finally arrived and he made me sit on the hospital bed on the far side of the room. He checked my pulse, my breathing, my blood pressure and also my stomach. Both Zach and I watch him intently, trying to figure out if there is any hope that the child can somehow survive. But from the looks of it, I don't think there will be any chance to save it.

    The doctor solemnly scribbled in his notepad as he look at us with a saddened expression.

    "There's really no chance" he murmured as three tears leaked out of my eyes. Zach has his head bowed down, his sadness seeping out of him. Wiping it quickly away, I took a deep breath.

    I nodded for him to continue "You are getting better. You're more stable now and your metabolism is improving. You're also gaining a bit weight from the looks of it and you're not as pale as before. Which is such an improvement. Hopefully you can eat properly now?" The doctor's happy mode at my well-being is contagious that it caused me to crack a smile a little. At his last question, I shrugged sheepishly, not really knowing if I really can eat properly now.

*Zach's POV*

    I watched as the doctor enumerate all my female's improvements in her health. It's such a relief. I want to rejoice at that but my sins to her kept me back.

    What I did, is unforgivable. I should be whipped, killed in her own hands...or even worse; have her burn my soul in hell. I got no excuses, and even though I have an explanation, it is not enough.

    I'm such a disgusting man, I failed myself as a dominant, as a person. I have lied to her...but I never lied when I said I love her. The only reason I did what I did, is because for once in my life...I've felt love. That thing is banned from me and I'm afraid, that if grandpa finds out that I'm in love with her; he'll come back and kill her. I can't have that. We have already lost our child, I can't lose her either. She is my life, my everything.

    Grandpa has been suspicious of me lately and my trusted aquaintance in his mansion told me that he has a file about Alexandrielle, that only means one thing. He's planning in eliminating her. So I just did what I have to do, cheat on her the way grandfather wants me to do, and what he did to grandma. It is only dad who doesn't know about the real happening of grandma's disappearance. Grandpa filled him with lies of my grandmother that poisoned his mind. I have pitied dad, not knowing about his own mother and not having any chance of knowing the truth. Both dad and I have poisoned minds about love and women. We believe that love destroys you, making you believe in fantasies that can never be real and hurting you until you die a slow painful death. As for women, they are like seductresses, lulling us in their beauty, trapping us in their fingers and controlling us over while we became the weak. And weak, is never a Harrison's knowledge.