Chapter Twenty-Two

*Alexandrielle's POV*

    It's been a month that has passed. I always have those nightmares, every night waking up in that same state of bloodlust and fear. Zach have never leave my side, always by my side to wake me up and always there to hold me when I always cry in fear. There are even some times when I'm awake, my eyesight just suddenly turn to that red shade that always freaks me out. Zach is always there to sooth my ruffled back as he always murmur sweet nothings to me but also has that look in his eyes that knows something but he doesn't want to believe it. Somehow, Zach has been my peaceful pill these past days. Always there for me when I need him. Hard to say, but even though he's a jerk for cheating on me, I still can't find it in me to hate him. Because, let's face it, I need Zach both physically and emotionally. But that doesn't mean I'll forgive him that fast. He still have a lot of explaining to do and I don't think I'll ever be ready to hear the truth from him. For all I know, it could bring us back to what we were before, or it could destroy us forever.

    Sighing contently as Zach plays with my hair, his fingers so gentle and delicate as he moves it to stroke my dark-brown manes. I nearly forgot there is even a rift between us.

    Suddenly, his phone rang and he let out a sharp exhale, reminding me of how much he hates to be interrupted.

    Adjusting me in his arms with my back pressed against him as we lay on the couch, I watched as his muscles ripple as he reach out for the phone on the table.

    "Hello?" He asked almost sounding tired and I quite of felt bad to know that I caused him this...stop! He hurted you, remember? It's the least he could do to you!

    "Dad I told you, I can't come." Zach says exasperatedly as Mr. Harrison says something on the other side.

    "No Dad. I can't leave her alone...please understand" Mr. Harrison seemed frustrated at the other line.

    "Dad, I assure you I'll help when-" he was cut off by Mr. Harrison's booming voice.

    "Enough of all this! You said you don't want your grandfather to know about your feelings for Alexandrielle but the way your even absenting in the company just to take care of her is just like throwing the truth at him!" Mr. Harrison's booming voice on the other line said, and because he shouted it on Zach, I heard it like he's just talking beside me. But what he said somehow nearly crumpled the walls in my heart at the mention of Zach's feelings towards me.

    Zach sighed heavily "I'm really sorry, Dad. I'll make it up soon. Alexandrielle is recovering and I think she'll be fine soon" he said softly and I feel his eyes at the back of my head that sent shivers at my spine.

    "You'll make it up, NOW! If you can't take leave her alone then take her. The CCTV's are still in the middle of repairing so you'll be safe for now" Mr. Harrison's voice softened that somehow made Zach relax.

    Zach looked at me as I turned to face him, burrying my face in his chest and curling again as the cold seeps at my back, his hands immediately wrapped around me in its warm cacoon. "I'll come" I said softly and he tensed.

    "Lex...you don't have to. We'll go another day but not now. You're still so cold" he said concernly that makes my heart sputter.

    "I'm already a burden to you" I said softly and after a minute of arguing, he finally sighed...defeated.

    "We'll be there in a few, dad." He said before hanging up.

    He ran upstairs before coming back in a suit with clothes for me. He chose a gray long sleeve cotton dress, a white cotton leggings, a jacket and a pair of gloves and shoes.

    We drove in silence with Zach casting concerned looks at me along with that cautious and wary look.

    Walking through the company, he have me tucked warmly at his side. As we near his office, the image of him and that blonde bimbo making out on his desk has me shivering in disgust. I faltered in my step as soon as he was about to open the door.

    "What's wrong?" He asked as he looked back at me.

    Looking at him and the door, I don't think I can go in there without puking. Should I go somewhere else? But where? Can I tell him to do his works in another room? I don't think so.

    When I looked back at his eyes, I saw that hurt look on his face that tugged my heart again before he blinked and returned to normal.

    "It's not what you're thinking" he said but somehow, it angered me.

    "Not what I'm thinking? I just watched the whole exchange with you and your bitch so you really can't blame me if I can't stomach getting in there" I snapped at him with a sneer.

    Shaking his head "Lex, can you just stop making this harder? I'm already trying to make it up to you but you still won't budge" he sighed as he ran his hands through his hair.

    "Did you even think it is that easy to forgive someone like you? A fraud, a liar, a cheater, a jerk, a-" I was cut off when Zach covered my mouth with his hands and pulling me inside while closing the door.

    He listened intently outside as a pair of footsteps cautiously make it way towards the entrance of Zach's office. After a while, it stopped and waited for a moment as if listening to anything before leaving.

    Zach let me go as soon as whoever that is left.

    "What the fuck?!" I snapped at him with narrowed eyes before my eyes widen at something.