Chapter Thirty-One

*Alexandrielle's POV*

    Heart skipping. Breath hitching. Mind blanking. Legs shaking. Muscles trembling.

    I have never been so struck my whole life. The girl drawn in the paper is me...there's no doubt about it. It is so full of details, every shape and curve, every line and shadow is portrayed perfectly like it is just a picture with a sketch effect. Except, this is really drawn by an artist with a mind as sharp as a steel that remembers each and every detail of what he wants to draw.

    How did he take this? Did he have someone to take a pictureof me and draw it? Could be, but no. How long has it been drawn? When did he drew this? How long does he have me in his mind? Does he already know me even though we haven't met before?

    With shaky legs, I sat on the couch with my heart pounding in my chest. Taking a deep breath in, I leaned down under the table and took out the pile of papers full of sketches.

    One is a highlighted back of a certain girl along the crowd of people. All details are there, the street sign, the cloaks and clothes of the crowd, hairs, even the guy with the girl who is much taller than the girl...Edmund.

    My eyes widening. It was the time when Edmund and I headed to a mall to buy some ingredients for a cake Nanny and I are going to experiment on. The caption says...

    Such a mystery...that girl with a dominant aura

    The second one is a girl in a black hoodie, reaching for a light switch in a parking lot. Her hand reaching above her, fingers ready to switch the lights on. No doubt it was me.

    ♕Who are you, mystery girl?♕

    The next follows suit, some of me taken like stolen shots; slowly revealing my face. The last one is the one of the portrait, just like the others, they all have captions like who am I; him sounding like he is so interested in me.

    My heart is pounding like crazy - in fact it is. So crazy for him that I'm afraid that my heart and mind will be torn between logic and feelings.

    "Lex" Zach's husky baritone voice that sent those familiar shivers down my spine has my heart beating even harder. Aish...

    Slowly turning around with the sketches in my hands, his eyes landed on them with widened eyes.

    "How long do you know me?" I asked as he continues to look at the papers in my hand with what looks like a kid busted at having his hand in something he shouldn't have.

    "Zach, how long do you know me?" I asked authoritively with my eyes dilating darker. I have close to none patience lately. With all those nightmares and sickness, my mind seem to just snap and all logic sometimes just leaves me.

    "Lex..."

    "I asked you a question, Zach. Don't even think of trying to direct this conversation elsewhere or tell me to drop it because I'm sick of not knowing anything and always being kept in the dark. Now tell me...how long do you know me?" My canines unintentionally flashed themselves at him that has his other side peeking out, not liking the outward challenge I'm throwing his way.

    "I've known you three months before the engagement happen" he said and my body relaxed its stance.

    "So you've been stalking me this whole time without approaching me? How long have you known about the engagement before we are introduced at each other?" I asked while he just stare at me impassively.

    "A year before we've met"