Chapter Sixty-Nine

Date Written: October 16, 2017

    Enjoy reading...

************************************************************

*Zach's POV*

    Chains rattling. Claws extended. Walls trying to give in. Canines growing. Mind swirling in darkness.

    Letting out a roar, my body buckled forward; trying to get free. My breathing is heavy, my chest heaving up and down raggedly as my eyes switched from black to red; both sides trying to fight for control.

    For hours I'm like this, a rabid beast wanting to get out. It's hard fighting the temptation to destroy, to kill and spread blood everywhere. My mind can't think of anything but destruction or Lex. One minute I'm thinking of killing, the next I'm missing her.

    I think I'm the epitome of a bipolar.

    My other side finally settled down inside me, resting and gaining more energy to be used the next time he tries to take over again. I let out a heavy ragged breath, my muscles sore and bruised with all the internal war I'm going through. Claw marks lined my chest with hands that wants to tear out the heart, blood oozing out from the wound, splattering and dropping on the cold ground with drips and drops. My wrists are bruised with all the pulling I put through, my right hand dangling in the air when I managed to crack it loose from the wall. The wall is now painted in my red paint of pain, chunks and pieces of it missing.

    It looks like it won't last long.

    The door slowly opened an hour later, Dad came in along with the leader of the Spartans - Ducleus. The light that streamed inside has me letting out an annoyed weak growl.

    "Zach?" Dad asked as I nodded, letting him know that it is me and not my other side. They have faced his wrath multiple times that's why they're cautious with me. The blaze and the greenwood ash is not working at me anymore even if they have to give me a jarful of those, it doesn't stop my other side at all. Now I understand why half-dead dominants are feared, not only are their invincible strength that they possess, but the fact that blaze and greenwood ash doesn't work on them...they're immune.

    Slowly, they approached me and unlocked the chains on my wrists, neck, waist, and calves. Ducleus shook his head, inspecting the damage on the wall and my hand that came loose.

    "He's getting too strong, Antonio. These are silver chains with blaze, these things are impossible to break even if it has to crashed by builders and any other gigantic equipments. To witness that he managed to break it and rip it off the wall is too much. Only the great king Zarion did it. Or...something inhumane" he said with worry-filled tone as Dad supported me to stand up while they look at the broken chain in worry.

    "I'm not human anymore" I confessed to both of them as their heads snapped towards me with a look of pity.

    I couldn't even look them in the eye because all I see is fear, worry, and pity. I hate it. I don't want to be looked at like that but what can I do? This is something beyond my control. Let's admit it...I'm not human anymore. I'm a monster.

    "Yes you are!" Dad told me with a hard tone. "You are human, Zach. If you are not, you wouldn't be worrying if you hurt someone right here, right now but you do. You care, that's why you're HUMAN" he growled out, driving his point straight to my chest to let me know that he's right, no doubt at all.