Chapter Twenty-Seven

*Grayson's POV (Alexandrielle's Grandpa)*

    "What do you want in the future?"

    "I want a granddaughter" that melodic voice that is always engraved in my heart carresed my ears with only the memory of what we have in the past.

    "Granddaughter?" My question is something she just smiles at, her eyes wrinkling adorably with her cheeky smile she sent my way.

    "Yes. I want, when Fernando will have a family; their first born would be a girl. That would be my granddaughter." She smiles at the camera. "I want her to be just like me. Observant, beautiful," she bats her eye lashes "same build, strong, and also a trouble maker"

    Our laughter's were heard in the video. Times like this, I just wish I could turn back time and have her in my arms again. Chances are always cruel, not letting you have happiness if he feels you shouldn't.

    "Do you mean, the exact copy of you?" Came out my teasing voice.

    "Yes! I want her to be exactly me so that we are going to give you and Fernando lots and lots of headaches" she exclaimed with her fist in the air and an excited smile. Her eyes twinkling as she imagines how much trouble she'll cause us.

    "Are we going to include that she won't be able to know how to cook too?" I teased and she pouted at me.

    "I still know, you know? I'm just lazy to do it" she mumbled adorably as I chuckle at her. She always say that same answer every time I tease her about it. Gosh, I love her.

    "So she'll be lazy like you too?"

    "Hey! Only when it comes to cooking. But if my life depends on it, I will surely do it. No worries, I won't teach her a thing so that it'll add more to the trouble we'll cause you" she said excitedly with a giggle.

    "I'm already feeling that you'll spoil her" I said and she smiles while looking at her three months pregnant stomach.

    "Yeah I will. Fernando will have such a strong daughter."

    Quickly turning the video off, I breathed in deeply to reign in my emotions. My heart aching again with the mere fact that I can never have her back again...not anymore and I will have to endure the pain forever.

    Going to my desk, her picture lays there with all her glory. Her black hair cascading down her waist with that angelic face of hers. She has her back straight, shoulders back with an elegant smile. Beside her photo is one of Alexandrielle's when it is taken on her eighteenth birthday. Looking at those same dark-brown eyes, my heart clenching again painfully that they really are...almost identical. They look so much the same that my heart always breaks every time I see Alexandrielle...my own granddaughter, the very wish of my love, that same girl I chose to destroy her life all because of the pain of remembering her.

    After Aria's death, I've been nothing but a walking dead myself. Drowned in misery, locked up in our room with my son's cries in the background. Mom had come to take care of him, I just couldn't. I couldn't even sit up, walk or even do anything. Even breathing had became so hard with all the emotions that is weighing my heart.

    After a year or so, I finally recovered from the loss but it is still there. Mom took care of Fernando along with me. Being a dominant, he is a rascal. It took everything in me to be patient along with disciplining him. But as he grow up, he wasn't as strong as we expected him to be. I was disappointed, especially when we found out he fell in love with a submissive. I was so outraged, almost killing him.

    For years he and his girlfriend tried to win me but I just don't. When they have announced that the girl has conceived a child, I made a decision to raise that child as to what he is born to be...a real dominant. Someone strong to run the company in the future.

    But when we found out it was a girl, again, I was outraged. I demanded Fernando to forsake the both of them but him being weak, he won't let them go. I became disgusted of him. Instead of finally being productive, he just goes around making baby instead of actually producing an heir.

    When the child is born, she was so sick. The dominant genes trying to kick in, but because she is half submissive; her body rejected it. Without me, their child could die. They begged me to accept them, I did...on one condition. The child should be raised with MY way. Because of that weakness called love, they accepted. Fools, sacrificing their child.

    The first few years, they were in a constant argument, not talking, no contact at all. Every time I would visit, I would always get a glimpse of the child. Dark-brown doe eyes looking in behind doors, longing evident in her face. Her built is not mistaken as Aria's. My heart clenching again.

    As the child grew, I forced her to be isolated...to be tough. To be someone better than what her father had become. When they finally conceived another child, it is an heir. But when I met him, I know he'll end up like his father...weak. He can never be what his sister is turning out to be.

    I watched as she grows, her armor getting stronger and stronger around her young but broken heart...a victory. She learned to fight her ways, learned to claim and take what is hers, learned how to protect herself, learned how to know who to trust, learned how keep in control of any situation...a real dominant indeed. Always the dominant of everything.

    Through those years, she morphed into something that always makes my heart break again and again...Aria. I saw her then as a demon. I start to hate her. My actions coming out fake with a malicious intent. She is always a reminder of what I lost so dear. The pain remembering her every time I look at that almost identical face if hers.

    As soon as she is grown, the company started to fall. With Fernando not strong enough to defend our company from the stronger ones - which is the Dominant Incorporation - we ran out of choices.

    I set up plans and words to drop hints about a female dominant of ours, they noticed immediately. I know they always seek the strongest. The strongest tied with another strongest...such unbreakable unyielding power and legacy. When I met the soon to be heir which is the same age as her, I then felt my sick ambitions to finally destroy her...finally get rid of the reminder of her.

    Even though how much I hated the Harrison's for killing the love of my life, my sick ambitions drove me further to destroy her with the ruthlessness of the Harrison's.

    I'm completely faded into my own sick darkness.