Chapter Seventy-One

Date Written: October 28, 2017

************************************************************

*Third Person's POV*

    The night is cool and eerie as Zach, Ducleus, Antonio, and Thea drove through the dense forest of Acron. The sound of crickets chirping and the hooting of an owl filled the place as the four walk deeper into the dark night.

    "There's this pain. It's so intense. It just came out of nowhere." Zach's voice came back a few hours ago back at the Harrison's mansion.

    "Pain?" Thea asked questioningly as her head turns like wheels, trying to grasp any idea why her son would suddenly feel such pain. Is this part of the transition into turning towards the half-dead zone too?

    He nodded as he remembered the immense pain, closing his eyes feeling as if the pain is present at the moment and is gripping him again in a bone-crushing grip.

    Crinch!

    Crunch!

    Crinch!

    Crunch!

    The night could be very deceiving in the center of its depths. It's darkness swirling round and round inviting Zach's own darkness to come out and play. Noticing Zach's discomfort, Antonio walked beside him and slung his son's arm around his shoulder to support him, both physically and emotionally, just so Zach would know...he's not alone in this.

    "Can you describe this pain?" Thea asked his son tentatively, noticing how his eyes tightly closed as if he's reviving in a haunting memory and couldn't get out of it.

    Zach heaved in a deep breath to reign in the imagination of pain. Even if he's just remembering the pain, it feels like it's real and not just an imagination. How does imagination feel so real?

    "It burns. It feels like I've been ripped from limb to limb, like someone's clawing my chest, gripping my heart, twisting it and turning it before ripping it out. It feels empty, so void. Like a part of me is ripped away. Like a part of me died"

    At Zach's description, Ducleus tensed as his eyes widen in both pain and horror. The three's head snapped towards him, anticipating him to tell them what he's thinking especially that he seems to know what happened. But the longer he wears that look on his face, both knowing and terror, they started to get agitated with what the news will bring them.

    Surely, it's bad.

    "Zach..." A whispered voice has him freezing in his spot, head turning side to side, body moving in circles as he willed himself to see her, to see where that voice came from and confirm that what Ducleus said wasn't true. It doesn't have to be true. So many cases can cause that burning pain. It couldn't be her dying because Lex is a fighter. She never goes down without a fight.

    "Do you know what it means, Ducleus?" Thea cautiously asked Ducleus as he slowly snapped out of whatever trance he's in.

    His eyes looked at her before trailing down her neck, which Antonio gave a growl at. Slowly, he looked at Antonio then at his neck as Zach watches him in puzzlement.

    'What's going on in that head of his?' He asked himself internally as Ducleus kept on looking at them weirdly before he settled his gaze at Zach.

    "Have you found your tie?" He asked as Zach looked at him. Really looked at him before he looks away, clearing his throat as if also clearing the emotion that wants to take over.