Chapter Sixty-Eight

Date Written: October 8, 2017

************************************************************

*Alexandrielle's POV*

    Fear. Unending fear. Suspense. Air thickening suspense that chokes us all except, hers are being choked by guilt and fear. She stood there in wide fearful eyes, still begging with my father to help her. Now...she won't get any.

    I can't believe this is my mother...a filthy female.

    The tick tock of the house clock is all I hear along with that frantic beating of her heart. It's tempting to just burry my claws in her chest and rip that beating heart out; see if it beats again.

    Instead of bringing that fantasy to reality, I decided to wait for what it is that I need to know...how evil what she did again. Whatever that is.

    My other side snapped again, canines growing and snapping at her direction....very impatient.

    She flinched, tears starting to form in her eyes as she kneeled in front of me; sobbing.

    "I'm sorry...I'm so so so sorry..." Her body racked with heart wrenching sobs as guilt overclouded her scent. What did she do?

    I was confused, not knowing what is she sorry for. Is she sorry for all the miserable years she put me through? Is she sorry for cheating on my dad? Is she sorry for keeping Skylar a secret to all of us? What the hell is she sorry for?! She's a heartless bitch! She doesn't apologize for her mistakes EVER!

    But why is she sorry now? What got her so guilty that she even kneeled in front of me asking for forgiveness?

    "What did you do?" I asked her coldly as she tried grasping my pants.

    "I'm so sorry...I-I...I'm sorry" she continued to sob wrecklessly that I could practically feel her chest constricting, the feeling familiar with me for I cried as hard as she is doing right now.

    Wrenching my leg out of her grasp, she fell down on the ground sobbing her heart out.

    "What.did.you.do?" I gritted out. The anticipation is already killing me, I just want to know. I don't know why my heart is beating as frantically like hers as dread filled me. I don't know why but something tells me that I don't want to know what it is that I needed to know. A primal instinct tells me that whatever it is that I'm going to find out is very bad...that somehow this might be a trigger.

    A trigger to what?

    Pushing those warning bells inside my head, I strengthened my heart and put that dread away.

    "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I screamed at her that made her sob even more.

    It took her a while but she finally said something.

    "Re-remember when y-you were sick...th-that Zach has to br-bring you t-to the h-h-hospital?" I frowned at her as I noticed dad clenched his fists tightly beside him.

    "You d-do remember that it was t-the other doctor that treated you right? The other doctor beside the o-one that treated you when you were....wh-whipped" she trembled, hesitating at her next words. "Y-you found out tha-that you're....pregnant." I stiffened at her words. My body slowly freezing as I just turned statue-like...unmoving.

    "I knew. I knew you were pregnant. You have all the symptoms. The sickness, the emotional roller coaster...everything. And I...I don't know what came over me. I-I just have this strong compulsion, a very irresistible temptation to take away what was taken away from me." Angry tears leaked out of my eyes, the pieces coming together as the pain from my dream came bombarding inside me like a tsunami.