Chapter Thirty-Six

*Alexandrielle's POV*

    The nightmare came again last night but thankfully, it is not as bad as the past ones and I woke up myself. A chilling cold seeped through my bones and I got out of bed, shivering.

    The hallway is only lit with a few hallway lamps as I hurriedly walked to Zach's room - which is just beside mine.

    Opening the door, I was greeted with a pitch black room with only the moon's light that came from the window to light up. My senses have came back a little but still not as strong as before.

    My eyes caught on Zach whose hands are behind his head as if he is staring at the ceiling. I couldn't determine whether or not he is awake.

    "Zach?" I softly called out and surprisingly, his head turned to my direction.

    "L-Alexandrielle, is something wrong?" He asked as I frowned in the darkness. Alexandrielle? Why didn't he call me Lex? It seems odd with my full name coming out of his mouth than the Lex that I was accustomed to. Shrugging it off, I took a few steps closer to the bed.

    "It's cold" I said with my teeth starting to chatter. Before I know it, he have swept me off my feet and lay me down on the bed. His masculine scent immediately engulfed me but the tinge of saltiness is noticeable. Did he cry again?

    I watched in the darkness as he opened the bedside lamp but quick to stay out from it's light  not before I caught a glimpse of his bloodshot eyes.

    My heart ached at the sight, surely, he's been crying. Maybe that's why he's still awake when I came? But...did he hear when I was having a nightmare? Why didn't he come if he's been awake all this time? A sudden anger consumed me that made him pause in his movements of lying beside me.

    Something flashed in his eyes before he stood up and left in the darkness. For a moment I thought he left me but when he came back with a duvet and a sofa cushion, I then realize what he'll do.

    I sat up as he set the duvet on the ground, my eyes widening in disbelief.

    His eyes connected to mine briefly before looking away. "It's fine. I'll just be close. You don't have to worry about sleeping on the same bed with me" he says with no emotion but his voice betrayed that hidden sadness in it.

    I just stared at him as he lowered himself and lay down, going back to the position I found him when I entered.

    Did he think I am angry at him for laying beside me on the bed? Seriously, this guy assumes too much.

    With the warmth the bed provided when Zach lays here, it quite gave me warmth but the cold is still there. Scooting closer at the edge where Zach is, I looked at him in the darkness. His figure is barely there because the lamp's light couldn't illuminate where he is. But what really shocked me most is when I saw tears running down his face freely - unaware that I'm watching him.