Chapter Fifty-Eight

Date Written: September 2, 2017

Song of the chapter: 'Angel's Cry' by Mariah Carey
↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭

*Alexandrielle's POV*

    There's always a certain time of our life where we chase for something/someone. We kept running, feeling the wind brushing our face as the adrenaline and despair to reach that particular someone overtakes every purpose we have in our life. You see him straight ahead, just in front of you. All you have to do is run...

    You did.

    You ran after him. The sole goal is to reach him. You feel yourself run so fast that you even have a hard time believing you could actually run that fast.

    Yet...

    Instead of feeling yourself getting closer to your goal, you felt that goal move away from your reach the more you strive to reach it.

    That's what I feel in the moment.

    I ran throughout the mansion, feeling all energy and adrenaline light to awakening as my mind is only set to reach one goal...

    To reach Zach.

    But the more I ran, the more I feel like Zach is slipping away from my reach.

    I ran so fast like I've never ran before. My feet carrying me through the threshold of the mansion, to where?

    I have no idea where to go. My feet seem to have a mind on its own as it continues to dash around with my hands pushing off objects, dominants, and walls just to keep myself steadily running and don't fall.

    I know I look like a mess. Running around with dried tears in my eyes is a sight I don't even care at the moment. All I care is reaching Zach before they could leave.

    I know he told me to leave him, to forget about him but how could you forget your first love? They say it never dies and I'll fight to keep it alive.

    Zach is the very first person who loved me not from what I am or what I can give, but he loved me for who I am. He accepted me as an equal yet I repayed him with my rot.

    I just wish I could turn back time. I just wish I could've listened to him instead of just thinking about myself. I'm so selfish. He doesn't deserve me. He deserves someone else.

    But why does every time I will myself to let him go, it makes me want to hold onto him tighter? Why does every time I realize that he deserves someone else, it makes me want to be that someone? Why does every time I think about him, I see US?

    Why can't I just be selfless for once and let him go?!

    Everything blurred around me and once again, my emotions have gone haywire. For the first time, my other side awakened and sensing my feelings and thoughts, she lends me her additional endurance and speed to reach Zach.