Chapter Sixty-Two

Date Written: September 21, 2017

************************************************************

*Zach's POV*

"Zacharion Jace Harrison" the man, the one I'm still having a hard time believing that I'm a spitting image of his, greeted me. His voice is deep, husky yet baritone-ish like mine. His aura is of confidence and unmeasured strength that has my other side recognizing this man as a man of worth.

Undescribable shock spread through me with the fact that he knows my real whole name - Zacharion Harrison. I remembered Lex calling me Zachary once that has my heart yearning for her again.

As if sensing this, the woman beside the man stood up gracefully like a queen and walked up to me.

Suddenly, her arms wrapped around me as I stiffened in shock. I feel my heart squeezing not in pain but in something else...comfort.

I have never felt comfort for so long that I even started to forget it. Since the past months, my mind is clouded with anxiety, worriness, guilt, and fear. I know I may have felt it somewhere in the past but...everything is blurry. I couldn't even remember how it is to be happy or have I ever felt it in the first place. I know I have felt it with Lex but I feel like it's so long ago that the feeling had seeped away.

I didn't notice the tears that fell only when the woman wiped them gently with her soft and comforting hands. She's just so gentle and warm, I just want to bask in it for some more but...just seeing how much of a resemblance she is with Lex is quite soul breaking.

"Hey...it's gonna be fine. Everything's going to be fine" her melodious and enticing voice spoke that has my mind saying back 'No it's not' but a huge part of me seems to have hope in her words. Her entire presence gives off this homey comforting vibe that seems as though her presence alone can take away all the pain, all the problems and worries of the world.

I know who this woman is in front of me, even the man on the throne with an ancient dominant as an aura.

Goddess Aleera and King Zarion.

It's just hard believing that I'm in their presence, let alone even confused as to why. Am I dead?

"You've hurt so much, my dear. I know the extent of your suffering but don't you give up. Hold on to that flickering light in the end of the tunnel. You shall survive this and become stronger." The goddess caressed her hands gently on my cheek that has me closing my eyes at the comfort it gave me. 'Just this once' I thought to myself. 'Just this one time of comfort before I face the pain again.'

The sound of the heavy footsteps of the King has me stepping out of the goddess's reach in fear of disrespecting him in any way. His steps are audible, loud and clear. You can sense the strength he posseses with just his mere presence and there's no doubt of the wrath he'll let out if provoked.

So this is what the legends means, his cruelty in the past with all the wars and deaths he caused this world is something no words can describe. Not even history itself can describe such a powerful being.

I looked into his eyes, my instinct and curiosity controlling me to chance just a peek. I just wish I didn't, because the moment my eyes and his connected, something sparked inside me like a light bulb burning. Endless wars and millions of deaths is what I see in his eyes. Swords clashing together, bodies sliced, heads cut off, bodies ripped and torn, intestines coming out, mother's screaming in agony, children wailing in fear, men fighting pathetically...all of it because of pain. I saw the insanity of him in those same black obsidian orbs of his like mine. His eyes are wild like he live for killing and making people suffer. I saw his soul broken and heart ripped apart, but among all those unending darkness is a light. Almost none existent but it is there. It is small, very tiny to say the least, but when I looked harder and deeper, I saw the difference.