Chapter Eighty-Six

AN: Not good with epic battles so forgive me if this doesn't satisfy you 😭😭

************************************************************

*Third Person's POV*

Breathe in. Breathe out. You can try to act brave. You can try to pretend you're not afraid but the fear will always find its way back to you. You can try and shuffle on your feet to shake off your uneasiness, you can try to breathe in calmly but that fear won't leave. You can try and shake your head to leave the haunting thoughts off your mind but the tremors of fear won't leave you.

It is chilling. The night is chilling and so are the bones of thousands of men as they ascend to the ruins of the Riley's mansion. It was the dark out. The moon was clouded by thick dark clouds as if the darkness itself is present with them. The air is stale and still, the eerie howling of it deafens the ears of the army like a ghost screeching.

They couldn't stop shaking as they move forward, feet slowly crunching up debrises and other things, a distraction they welcome to take their minds off the terror that they'll soon face.

Goosebumps and sweat does nothing to hide the fear they're trying to hide. Feet shuffling uneasily, heart pounding in chests, breathings getting deep or shallower, eyes darting side to side...they're scared. Shithead terrified since even the air screams fear and terror.

Something is not right.

It's what all of their instinct has been warning the moment they step foot in the Riley's territory. It's what their intuition has been telling them but they moved forward in blind obedience. This could be the path of their destruction or something else entirely.

The shadows that lurks in the remains of the once beautiful mansion gave them the chills that only pure terror could give. They feel their legs shaken as they move more and more to the depths of the destroyed mansion.

Pounding hearts, deep breaths, scents of fear, uneasy shuffles reached Zach's ears as he remained stoic in a shadow at the center of the mansion. He could feel the fear radiating from the thousands of men that is ascending towards them that entices the dark nature of him. He could feel the bloodlust, the sickening satisfying urge to bring terror to people, he could feel himself edging closer to the world of savagery as they ascend.

He felt Ducleus' aura a few feet behind his left, he could see his eyes poking on the shadow; wearing that same feral smile he wore.

His eyes then stared straight ahead, ears honing on the others from his side, hearing their calm heartbeat, their breathings are silent. There are no uneasiness to them, just confidence in their own strength. Zach knew all of them are not afraid of death, he knew they'll face death itself with smiles on their faces...without fear. They're true warriors. Zach is lucky to have them. Yet he can't help but feel remorseful of what this battle might lead them.