Chapter Fifty-Five

Date Written: August 26, 2017

************************************************************

*Alexandrielle's POV*

    Feeling my breath getting stuck in my throat, I shot up off the bed gasping for air.

    I flinched when I heard a loud thud from the left corner of the room and I scooted at the edge of the bed only to see Tyson rubbing his head with a grimace on his face.

    If it weren't for my heart wrenching dream then I would've laughed my ass off at him but of course that won't happen.

    "I didn't know waking up like that could throw me off the chair" he grumbled as he massaged his head. I know he intends it to be joking but I couldn't find it in me to find it humorous. The dream did really hit home. I mean, really. Having a vision of yourself in a home with a baby that is yours along with the guy you love in it but unfortunately, you can't have him anymore.

    I still remember it clearly like the scenario just happened in front of my eyes at the very moment. Each suspense, emotion, feeling, and all the dread and confusion seems like it just happened just now. But what does the other scenario means? The first one is what I'm talking about. It's a wail. A wail of a baby dying a slow painful death. I just wish he couldn't have died in such pain. It would have been better if he just died instantly, at least it would be less painful. I should've done something!

    Would you have ended the baby's life in your hands then?

     My subconscious asked me that has me flinching with dread and fear. I wouldn't have but just remembering those painful wails has me itching to do something to end such suffering. But can I really kill a baby with my own hands?

    I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a rooster cawing - if that's even the right word. Although I don't think it's a rooster I'm hearing.

    Looking at Tyson in front of me, my jaw dropped to the floor only to bounce back in. He stood in front of me with his right hand positioned that of a beak and his left hand as a wing. His right foot is bended and I don't need to be all Stiles Stillinski to figure out that he's imitating a human position of a rooster; if that cawing doesn't already made it obvious.

    I gave him a weird look as he grins at me and gave me a dollar. I looked at the dollar then back at him, still looking at him weirdly. Has he lost a quarter of his brain or something?

    "Penny for your thoughts?" He grinned at me as he straightened and crossed his arms freely over his chest.

    "You do know the difference of a penny and an actual dollar right?" I questioned him and he shrugged. "What? If I want the dollar to be called penny then I can do so. Whoever that has a problem with my terms are free to be escorted by me to hell" he made a playfully threatening face that should've cheered me up or even crack a smile at me but it didn't.

    Wasn't he suppose to be hating me? I mean, I'm the reason why Zach - their best friend - is always hurting and instead of making it better for him; I made it worse. Guilt and pain gripped me hard that has my eyes watering again. It also didn't help my dream that had my heartbeat accelerating.

    Hearing him heavily sigh, I felt the bed dip as he sat in front of me. "I don't know what you're thinking and I'm not so good at guessing. But right now, I guess you're thinking about why I'm not hating you" he states a matter of factly as I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. And he said he's not good at guessing...pfft!