Chapter Fifty-One

Date Written: August 12, 2017

#revelation Time!!!
***************************************************

*Third Person's POV*

    Alexandrielle stumbled backwards in shock. The bloody red eyes of Zach has terrifying effects chilling her to the core. She doesn't know what it was but an ingrained instinct told her this is something bad; very bad. Goosebumps prickles her skin as her body shuddered in a horrendous way. It's as if, a bloody demon resided in the body of Zach and he has no strength to fight it off.

    Sensing her fear, Zach tightly closed his eyes and breathed deeply using his mouth. He doesn't want to smell that mutt's scent on his female. That pent up aggression in his body shook with such force as he feels the building need to quench his thirst with blood became too overwhelming to him that has him feeling like he's being choked. But just one look on Alexandrielle's terrified face has him having his own strength surging through him like raging bulls and he was able to push his other side - who have turned now into a half-dead one ever since they found out Lex have slept with the mutt - deep inside him for the time being. God knows how long he'll be able to hold him back. He knows soon, he'll turn into that killing machine that half-deads turn into.

    After a minute or two, he felt his dead side easing away from the surface. He opened his eyes and they felt normal. She still stood there in fear and he sighed.

    "Before anything is explained, I need you to promise me something" he told her in his voice that sounds so foreign to him. It's so dark and brooding, like a ruthless demon. He shook his head before he could ponder on about his voice. The dead side of him is very opportunistic; taking control at his vulnerable times.

    Lex composed herself after a deep breath yet she still feels her legs shaking.

    'What happened?' she asked herself yet she's terrified at the answer.

    Slowly, she nodded her head uncertainly and gazed at the eyes of the man that was her first love, the man who she had her meaningful first kiss. But as soon as her dark-brown eyes met his obsidian black ones, she instantly got lost in those dark pools of his but it affects her far different now. Before it was comforting, mysterious but held the assurance of safety. But now...all she can see is a dark void of nothingness. Mysterious yes, but gazing longer to it sends terrifying chills down her spine...frightening.

    "Promise me you'll stand your decision" she was taken aback by his words. She expected a lot of promises Zach could make her promise but never that.

    "Promise me that after everything that will happen from here on out, that you'll stand your decision and leave me. Don't feel anything for me. Erase my presence in your life. Shut me out." Zach feels himself suffocating at his words yet he continues on. 'It's for the best' he reminds himself. "Don't come back. Move on and let go. Be happy. Live your life...away from me"

    Alexandrielle felt like she's been torn limb to limb, throat sliced open, chunks of her body being eaten away while her heart shatters into unmendable pieces. She became stiff in her spot, frozen like a statue; unable to fully understand what he means although it's clear.

    Then why can't she accept it? Why is she denying it? Shouldn't she be relieved that he's letting her go? That she's finally breaking away from the tie that was forced upon her? That she is now finally granted freedom from the grip of depression Zach put her into? Then why is she feeling as if she's in the wrong one? That instead of taking a step towards happiness, she's taking a step further into sorrow.