Chapter Seventy

Date Written: October 21, 2017

    Reminder: Think Dominant ;)

************************************************************

*Zach's POV*

    Except, it's not my own...

    it's Lex's.

    After I marked her, I built up a wall around my mind and heart, not being able to read her thoughts and feel her emotions in fear of affecting me too much and probably speeding off my turning to the half-dead zone. I can only detect her strongest emotions and with the way her rage is affecting me like the wall doesn't exist, I know something or someone provoked her so much to the point where she's tempted to kill.

    It continued for more minutes, her darkness swirling inside me that has my head throbbing in white searing pain. Her hunger for death is affecting me too much like the darkness is actually my own. I'm afraid that right at this moment, she turns into the zone of the half-dead.

    Suddenly, the darkness turned into a whole new level of pain where I feel like someone just clawed my chest, grabbed my heart, squeezed it, turning and twisting, pulling it before ripping it out of my chest. I fell on the ground gasping for breath, my lungs contricting harder the more I tried to take a breath in, adding more to the pain I'm already feeling. I feel something snapping from me, like a thick wire cutting so easily in one snap. The pain is quick and unexpected, my breath leaving me completely before it just disappeared.

    I breathed heavily for a few minutes, greedily taking in deep breaths like I'm drowning and I feel like I'm fighting to the surface for air.

    Ducleus is on me in an instant, talking to me in worry but I couldn't hear anything. My ears are ringing but that's it, no more.

    What really struck me is the empty feeling I have, like a part of me is gone, ripped away from me where I couldn't have it back...the feeling of something inside me dying.

    Gone forever...

    "You know, I would've preferred the bloody one. It's not a suggestion, Zach. Tell your father that. It's a choice...the only choice" I looked up to see grandpa in his seat which is above me as Ducleus helped me to stand up.

    "That's all you care about while your grandson writhes here in pain?!" Ducleus roared out in rage at my grandfather.

    "I raised him to be immune with pain. But I guess he's just like his father...weak. Even with my best efforts to make them the strongest, they will always end up weak." He sneered in disgust that has me straightening and walking towards him with bared fangs, no human canines anymore...real live fangs.

    Taking his collar in my knuckles and hoisting him up, I brought him in eye-to-eye level.

    "I wonder where we got that weakness from?" I taunted him with a tilt of my head. A tap to insanity has me smiling wickedly at him with my teeth showing, a showcase of warning and aggression. He moves, I kill him. He talks, I kill him. He looks at me in a way I don't like, I kill him....he knows this very well.

    "You want something bloody? I'll give it to you" I leaned in his ear with a sinister smile. "Something where bodies litter the ground, ripped, torn from limb to limb, ground drenched in blood, with me in the middle with blood dripping down my mouth. I just hope you would be there though, be the spectator or...something else"