#10 Kids

"You have one more test to pass before I call you a master-thief."

"What?" he asked involuntarily. He may have robbed the best of banks and museums without leaving a tail behind, yet, her opinion mattered.

"You see that kid over there?" she pointed towards the kid sitting on a bench, "Steal that choclate from his hand without him knowing."

"I cannot do that," he didn't waste a second thinking over it.

"Why? Afraid of a little kid?" she mocked.

"I'm not afraid, I just know I can't. These little kids, they're a peculiar band. It's not just a difficult task to fool them. No, it's an impossible one. You see, kids have an infinite imagination. At any given time, they'd be better than most us adults if only they had that experience."

"Interesting theory," she said still pondering over his words.

While growing up, we gain all the experience the world can give. But on the same time, we lose our imagination. We lose our innocence. And that's where we falter."

Standing up, she looked at the little kid with proud eyes.

"Salute to the little kid who defeated a master-thief today.

***

"Everyone grows up one day or the other. You will too. But remember, don't lose the imagination you have. Ever."

***

A little shorty hidden within the beautifully crafted lines of SAKrishnan's story, 'To Catch a Thief, Just Break his... 💔