#23 Library

"When will the new books arrive aunty?"

Librarian looked at her with a look full of disdain. Kids these days, she thought. They want everything new and polished.

"I don't know kid. Why do you ask? Are you tired of picking up the old crumpled books?"

What? How can she ever be tired of picking up a book. The condition didn't matter. It was the book that mattered.

"Ofcourse not aunty. It's just that I've read most of the books in the English section and I don't really like the ones that I haven't. So, I was just asking if there are some new books arriving that I can read?"

She got another gruesome look from the librarian. Kids these days, she thought again. They just want to read English novels. There are so many other books in hindi too, but no. They want their precious English!

"Sorry kid, I don't think any new book will come this month."

Dejected, the girl gave her a smile and left the library.

Great. Just great.

"So many books, so little time."

She had heard the quote on so many occasions. But today, somehow, just somehow she had managed to prove it wrong.

Now she had a whole summer vacation ahead of her and no books to read.

***

How would you feel if you didn't have a book to pass your time?