#113 Silluri

Many years ago, a signal was sent in space. Traversing the clouds, going past the moon, it had travelled to a land lost in the world of stars. Deep down on the edge of that world, lay the little planet 'Silluri'.

Its air was filled with magic dust
Its land paved with rhymes
With core made of shattered glass
The creatures were called smiles

No one knows why the signal chose that planet to land, but the moment it did, a wave of rupture hit the planet's core. The shattered glass broke into pieces. That day, all the elements of Silluri scattered in a million pieces. The dust of magic fused into vacuum, while the rhymes dared to vanish into the depth of stars. Even the sharp glass would have melted, had it not been for the love of Smiles. Those alien creatures bound all the elements together, sewed them in a string of love and latched on to the reflecting signal.

Planet Silluri lost its existence that day, but the heart of it, the creatures Smiles, lived on with that signal. And then one fine day some years ago, that signal returned back to Earth, bringing the heart of Silluri with it.

Alas, the satellite to receive the signal had already been taken out of orbit. After traveling that far, there was no home left for the signal to return to. With no other option in sight, it reverted to its last protocol - crash land on Earth.

As the signal darted towards the land, it started to burn in the atmosphere. By the time it reached land, the entire head of the signal had burned away. Vanished. Vanished into the thin air. Whatever identity the signal bore from its birth was all lost. The only thing left was the tail. The tail which had become a home of Smiles and their tricks.

The Smiles, who spread all over the Earth in an instant and spread their magic everywhere.

The magic they brought stunned the humans of Earth. The rhymes they sang left the humans in a trance. While the shattered and broken, sharp pieces of glass taught them the value of pain.

But the most important of them were the Smiles themselves. They changed the way the humans lived. They spread a happiness which this Earth had never witnessed.

Smiles may have lost their planet, but didn't intend to destroy Earth just because its signal ruined their lives. No. They came here, lived here, and made this planet theirs. Earth is still far from what Silluri was like, but one day, I'm sure we humans can make the Smiles feel entirely at home.