#69 ..... For Sale

He entered the required details and within a minute, his account was active. This was the first time he was using one of those online markets. Just like a child, a lot of questions hovered in his mind.

Buy and sell anything near you

The tagline made him more curious than anything else.

"So what can we get out here?" he asked his techie girlfriend.

Without even looking up from her computer screen, she replied in an instant.

"We can get anything that's put up for sale. Usually people sell the goods which they no longer need. So if we need it, we can just buy it from them. And similarly, we can sell anything."

He was definitely impressed. The thought of having all that on the tip of his finger was no less than a wonder for him. But being a restless soul, some questions still remained.

"What if the things broken? Who shall we go to fight in that case."

This time she looked up as she burst into laughter.

"Don't worry dear, we do get to check the goods before we buy. We can pay only after we're satisfied."

"And what if the damage is internal? Something that can't be seen?"

His childish questions irritated her now. She had to close the argument once and for all.

"It all works on trust dear. If we buy something, we trust the sellers that they won't give us damaged goods."

Saying so, she left the room leaving him gaping at all the items in there.

As years went on, he bought a number of things over the Internet and sold some as well. But between all that, their relationship started to dwindle. His inexperience with Internet was evident and every time he went to her with his questions, she started to become more and more irritated. Finally one day, the dam broke.

Four years of relationship ended in a snap.

To say that things were normal would be unfair to both. Between sleepless nights and long solitary walks, the hearts were still trapped. Broken, yet together. But even in that life full of uncertainty, one thing was common.

They were both trying to lose themselves in that world of Internet.

He sold the stuff which erupted her memories, while she bought new stuff to get over him.

Just about time when she believed she was finally over him, she stumbled upon it. She knew it was just a joke and he can't actually sell that, but still, the advertisement left her crying.

A heart for sale.
Bought four years ago to be in a relationship. Not needed any more.

His heart was the final memory which was left of her. The watch she gave when they met, the clothes that they had shopped together, and everything that he could sell was all gone. This was the final thing.

Though he knew it can't be sold, he still put it up as an effort to finally get over her. What shocked him more was that someone bought it too. It's confirmed, you can literally do anything in this online world. But curiosity did kill the cat. Curious to know who the buyer was, he set up a meet over the weekend.

He was waiting at the roadside café when he heard her voice. It had been over a month a month since he had been lost in that music of her voice. And yet, he wasn't happy. Because she wasn't even the last person he was expecting out there.

"You know, you shouldn't put broken things up for sale. It breaks the trust a buyer keeps in you."

"It won't matter if the buyer never finds out," he replied instinctively.

"Then it's definitely not your luck day today. Because I know that it's broken. But don't worry, I'll still buy it. Mending the broken things is something I've liked. And your heart is the one thing I desperately want to mend."

And just like that, their relationship got a new start.

***

"Hearts may be broken, but that love is never lost."

***

Inspired from a thought by arhitha