#104 Head

"Which dress should I wear for the party?"

She texted him attaching two photos with it. One showed a long black dress with golden border to it while the other was a flowing blue having a red ribbon at the waist.

Both were beautiful.

"I don't know. I like both."

She couldn't believe him at that point. There was a reason why she was asking him, right? It wasn't as if his decision mattered or she'd wear what he tells, but she was in a dilemma too. She loved both of them.

"I can't choose one. Both are like my babies. So I'm asking you nicely, which one?"

He knew she won't let him go. She always loved to trouble him with such small little things. It was just a dress after all.

"I'm picking you up at six. So just be ready by seven. Which dress you wear is your headache."

She smiled at his innocence. He knew she'd be late. She knew it too. There was no arguing that. And so, she loved how he gave her an extra one hour without a fuss. But he still didn't select a dress.

"I'll have a headache when I have a head. So just shut up and choose a dress."

He banged his head at the lame joke she threw. There was no point dragging the conversation. He would only waste his time. So he just shrugged and sent those smiling emoji before going offline.

Watching him go offline, she understood he'd had enough of it. Satisfied with the fun she had, she got back to her chores.

***

"I'm waiting outside the park. Where are you?"

It was already a quarter past seven when he messaged her. He was sure they'd be late for the party. Again.

"I'll be there in fifteen."

She texted back.

But an idle mind is a curious mind. And his curiosity was increasing every second. Which dress would she wear? That was the only question hitting every door of his brain. There was no doubt she'd look beautiful in any of them, but still, curiosity killed the man.

"So which dress did you choose finally?"

He knew she'd still be at home. Her instant reply proved his assumption.

"The black one. It makes me look like a queen after all."

He was a little dejected reading that. Though he loved both of them, he'd have preferred the blue one more. The reason was simple.

"Rather than a queen, I'd have loved you to be my princess. That blue dress would have made you look regal."

She was infuriated reading that. She could just not believe this man.

"Hey!
I gave you the choice earlier and you left it to me. You have no right to confuse me now.
*shakes her head vigorously*"

His eyes gleamed with excitement at that. Not only was he having fun teasing her, this was his chance to make the scores even.

"The last I knew, you didn't have a head, right?"

It was her turn to bang her head on the couch this time.

Five minutes later, she was sitting in his car heading towards the party. And luckily for the car, no more lame jokes were shared.