#68 Time

Time is a really funny thing. Sometimes, it just allows you the luxury to cuddle around lazily, and on other occasions, it'll make you run like there was no tomorrow. For me, it always chose the later option. Today was no different.

Morning began with my alarm blaring in my ears. But snoozing it again and again meant I was once again late for the office. For an instance the thought of calling the day off brushed my mind, but boss' angry face shooed it right away. With no other option in sight, I dressed up and hurried onto my bike.

Normally a calm and composed driver, I raced the bike to over sixty kilometers an hour on the crowded city streets. Though traffic was normal just like any other day, because I was in a hurry, it felt like the whole city was dancing down the road. Occupied by the thoughts of an appointment after an hour, I never knew when I lost the balance.

Apparently a man decided that was the perfect time to jump in front of my bike. I did apply the brakes subconsciously, but it was too late. Before I could even understand anything, me and the man were kissing the gravel.

Right when I needed it the most, time had once again conspired to foil my plans. Not only am I admitted in the hospital with a broken arm, that man is right beside me making it unbearable for me to stay here. To make it worse, boss called too pouring a string of curses from the other side of phone.

Yes, it was one of the worst day I'd have. But then, I have only myself to blame for that.

If only I had given a little more respect to time, the situation would have been a lot different.

***

"Respect it and it'll mount you on its head. Blame it and it'll throw you down a hole."