#28 Inspiration

The Girl with Blue Eyes

This story is dedicated to the one who has always inspired me to write.

She smiled reading the first page. It was never easy being a writer's inspiration. There was always a fear that he might reveal something about you that you didn't want the world to know. Even that'd be fine if done carefully. But if a famous writer like him utters her name even unknowingly, the world would throng to find out why she was this special to him; drawing conclusions none of them wanted to cherish.

For that simple reason, she was glad he kept her anonymous. Again.

She dialed his number. He picked up at the first ring.

"Thanks," she whispered.

He didn't need to know the reason behind it. He never did. From the time they met, they had never needed an explanation between them. They just fueled of each other's thought. It's practically magic!

"You know what?" she continued, "I think I should draw up a legal contract among us. I've inspired so many of your stories, that I almost feel a need to be officially called around as your inspiration."

He knew she was just fooling around. She was never someone who was hungry for that limelight.

"You'd need to fake my signatures on that," he dragged their little game forward.

"Don't sway around. It's just like the words are yours, but the thoughts behind them, they're always mine."

He won't deny that either. World may call him a writer, but only he knew that he just gave a shape to her random thoughts. He was just a thief who carried out his thefts with the owner's permission.

He couldn't even dare to think what he'd have done had she not been in his life. Their relationship, it didn't have a definition. Yet, it's so special.

"Our relationship, it's really special to me," he said confidently, "And I'd never want it to be bound by a piece of paper."

Neither would I, she smiled hearing her heart.

World may call them all the like, for each other, they'd always remain that special someone.

***

Inspired from someone...

You must be familiar with this phrase if you've been reading my works for sometime now.

So here I'm today, asking you a very simple question.

Like a reader and writer are bound by the writer's words, what binds a writer and their inspiration?

Is there a definition to that relationship?