#96 Friendship

"Here's your tea."

Ahana looked at him with bloodshot eyes.

"You know I don't like tea."

"That's the sole reason why I brought it."

Ajay sat beside her laughing. He knew tea and Ahana were enemies. Yet, he never failed to bring it whenever he had a chance. It was always fun teasing her. And, he also got to savour another cup of it since she never touched it.

"Remind me again why we're friends Ajay?"

She tried to fake some tears with a pinch of anger but failed miserably. It only made him chuckle even more. Taking a sip of tea from his cup, he acted as if he was actually thinking of an answer.

"Nope. I can't remember a reason."

Ahana wasn't surprised at all. She knew there was no reason behind their friendship, no hidden motives, no benefits, nothing. It was a pure friendship right from the beginning.

But, she was still loving this little game of theirs.

"So, there's not a single reason for us to be friends then?"

"Why should there be a reason?" he asked instantly.

That melted her heart. She held on to his free arm and leaned over his shoulder.

"That's what makes our friendship special, you know? We don't need a reason to be friends. And that's what makes it beautiful."

He finished his cup of tea and nodded. No words were needed now.

"Here, have another cup of tea in the name of our friendship," she said with a knowing smile.

***

"When you can't find a reason for friendship, know that it's really special."