#73 A War With Wattpad

In the world of smartphones, an incident happened that day. The user was irritated but the phone wanted its way. The incident began with his favourite app, the app known as Wattpad.

A day came in his life, when Wattpad wanted to stay but the phone was fighting for space. It wanted to please its user at first and tried it’s best for many days.

But then Wattpad got demanding, adding more and more stories to its kitty. The phone asked the other apps, but it looked like they did not want to take the slightest of pity.

The other apps convinced the phone that they were needed to keep their user's friendships alive. But, little did they did not know that the boy’s best friend was hiding in Wattpad.

He tried his best to convince each and every app.

“Take a little less space,” he said, but they weren’t ready to listen.

They didn’t want to give up. Finally, growing angry at it, he threw away an app or two.

The phone didn’t like that at all. It wasn’t a puppet. It was smart enough to take care of itself. And no one was allowed to govern its life. It was a smartphone after all! Angry by the user’s actions, it decided to wreck some havoc.

Unaware of the storm brewing storm, user happily cleared space on his phone. When he felt that the space cleared was enough, he was elated.
While that was happening, the phone got an idea. It decided to play with the app store it had.

The first thing it did was uninstall Wattpad. No, it didn’t just uninstall Wattpad, it took away his heart.

He was devastated when he saw Wattpad missing and cursed himself for deleting it accidently. Though his heart knew it was impossible, his brain hinted at the possibility of that. Subconsciously cursing his phone, he opened the app store.

He tried to download Wattpad again, but the phone kept saying ‘No Space’.
Irritated, he threw away three more apps, but the phone didn’t deter from its words. The ‘No Space’ dialogue box was still there.

Finally, letting his brain work, he turned to other means. He tried to sneak Wattpad through the back door. With an evil grin on his excited face, he opened the browser and began his search.

After a few minutes, his solution lay right in front of him. ‘Download Wattpad.apk for free.’

Download. Install. Open.

He believed that he had defeated his phone.

But it turned out that the apk file was the latest. The latest one which the phone disliked. So, it played with the app again.

Though, installed Wattpad didn’t run smoothly. Irritated, the user cursed it again. Struggling, the phone continued the fight.

Finally, he realized that the fight was a waste of time and downloaded an older version. When the phone met its beloved older version of Wattpad, it was happy too.

Forgetting all the worries it had, the phone accepted Wattpad with extra space.

Such was the journey of the phone with it’s beloved. Such was the journey of a user and where his heart laid.

***

"Sometimes, what we want Os governed by what the technology can give."

***

Everyone has their awkward moments with technology. And honestly, there's no shame in that. Neither is it such a big thing to get angry. All you need to do is keep your mind calm and find a solution.

After all, a solution is always there.

Another shorty with AnAspiringSoul