#18 Dawn and Dusk

You know the difference between dusk and dawn, except the time of the day they arrive?

At dusk, the sky changes colours from bright to dark. And at dawn, from dark to bright.

But, if I take your watch away, and tell you to see the sky; just by the colour of it, you won't be able to tell whether it's dusk or dawn.

That's how the both of us are, dusk and dawn, hours apart, opposites, and yet similar.

We may be the same this second, but it'll just need another one to reveal our true nature.

And yet with time, we'll accept each other's true nature, and hold on. Till the blood rushes out of our bodies, and our hearts are sore.

But, till then, I'll love you my darling, and hope that you'll hold my hand, as we sail through the blows.

Storms will come and go. Days will turn to nights. But in each and every transition, we'll still be there. Holding on to that first ray of light and signing off with that last one. We'll be there.

And yet, we'll be scared of losing it all. But at the same time, we'll still risk it all. Life is a game, and we'll play our roles like a gamble.

We'll put up our best poker face to win every game. But even if we lose, we'll know that there's always that tomorrow when we'll be there again, winning it all. And this time, we won't need a fake expression to do that.

And with each day, we'll build a book, of bedtime stories which I can narrate to our kids and then theirs. It'll be our little secret and their life altering fairytale.

A fairytale in which you'd be the princess you never were and I'll be the prince I can never be. We'll be the the perfect characters which we can never be in reality.

Just like the dawn and dusk, we'll chase the sun around just to find a moon later on. We'll finally be someone's inspiration.

***

A shorty jamming session with chasing_uncertainty