#84 Friends

"Is there are story behind our meeting?"

He stared at her with wide eyes. Just a moment ago she was engrossed in her ice-cream and suddenly her mind cooks up something like this?

"What do you mean?"

She gobbled another two spoons full of ice-cream before speaking again.

"I mean you write so many stories and stuff. So is there any story behind our meeting as well?"

He thought for a whole minute while watching his ice-cream melt.

"I don't think so. I guess we met just like that."

"So we met without any reason then? Just for fun," she replied instantly.

Once again he allowed his ice-cream to melt a little.

"We may have met just like that, but by the time we grow old, I'm sure we'll leave many reasons behind for people to meet and become friends. They'll look up to us and say that let's become friends so that we can be like them."

Her ice-cream was already finished, but her heart did melt hearing his words.

That moment, she knew their friendship needed no reason or purpose. They were friends, that's it. That was enough for both of them.

***

"Friendship built on benefits and incentives won't survive much."

***

So, was there a story behind our meeting?

Or did we meet just like that?

***

Inspired from DebopritaBhattachary