Party!

"WE WANT PARTY."
"WE WANT PARTY."
"WE WANT PARTY."

Everyone shouted like it was the end of world. As if he wasn't going to come back tomorrow to greet them all. But he wasn't complaining either. After all, they had all been the wheels to keep his journey rolling.

He stood up and waved them down.

Chaos subtled, voices calmed, but the enthusiasm, it was still leaking through their eyes.

He quickly called a pizza joint two streets down. Ten minutes later, their party arrived.

"Double cheese pizzas with extra cheese and choclate toppings."

All the boxes were open in no time as the grumbling tummies demanded their share. Once the party got going, he confined himself in the solace of his balcony; admiring the flowing lights below.

"Even in the moments of joy, you choose solitude over us?" Her voice cut through the silence.

"How am I alone? You're right here with me," he replied with a smile.

She had no other option but to return the smile. Anyone who knew him would tell how tough it was to talk him down. He always had a reply. Always.

When she went inside leaving him alone, he thought she had given up. He was wrong. A minute later, she walked out again with a box of pizza.

Never the one to give up that easily, she opened the box spreading the aroma of choclates and cheese.

"Now that we're together, let's share a pizza to celebrate your day."

"You know I don't like pizza," he said picking up a piece, "Just something for this empty stomach though."

He raised the piece like a toast and she mimicked him with her own. The sound of music hit them in an instant. Their small little gang had started dancing. They had their favorite pizzas, their tummies were full, the air was filled with joy; it was the perfect mood for a party. No one bothered the host's absence.

No one, but her.

"You don't like them. And yet, you always order them when we get together."

Her tone lacked that tinge, but there was a question mark in her voice.

"You, them, you've all been through the thick and thin with me. This moment belongs to you all as much as it does to me. When we're all together, its the popular choice that matters."

And just like that they lost themselves in a conversation under the stars.

She knew that when they got together again to celebrate, they'd again end up having the same conversation. But there was one thing that'd never end.

Their friendship.

Their little gang would always stay together eating their favorite pizzas. Whether they liked it or not.

Because it were the people which mattered, not the occasion which brought them together.

***

"Party?
It just an excuse to get together after all."

***

Hope you like your pizzas.
Add your favorite toppings at your own expense.

Because if you ask me, it'll always be,

My words and your emotions
My Shorties and your comments
My love and your friendship
My pizza and your toppings.

Always.

So dear readers, enjoy the party!