#63 Dream

He was once again in his balcony, waiting for her just like every morning.

The sun came up, but she never showed.

Days turned to weeks and weeks to months. Almost a year passed, but he never left hope. Every morning he stood there, waiting.

Everyday as the sun set, his hopes fell too. But they rose again as the stars showed up.

Every night her presence in his dreams energized him. On the night of 31st December, he made his last wish of the year. He just wanted a glimpse of her in the next morning.

But that morning never happened.
The sun never shone.
The stars never left.
What greeted him was the last thing he had imagined.

Aliens!

Green faced people surrounded him. All those faces were new to him, except for one. Never in his wildest of dreams had he imagined to meet her at such a scary place.

She was stuck in that land since months and now, he had joined her as well.

He tried to tell her who he was. But she remembered nothing. All she knew was she was an alien and he, a human. She had to torture him.

The thought of being stuck there forever horrified him. But he was more afraid of forgetting all those beautiful memories just like her. He believed he it was just a parallel universe, but he had to confirm. So he escaped to explore this new world.

But he wasn't lost at all. As he opened his eyes, he was right there on his bed. Outside, fireworks lit up the 31st sky. Just a bad dream, he said panting.

And yet, as he closed his eyes, he was back in that new world. Her world!

He noticed her sparkling black eyes and her bouncy locks which flowed till her waistline. Her not so fair complexion reminded him of Hero from Shakespeare's Much Ado about Nothing. She was indeed the prettiest girl he had laid his eyes upon.

But the truth was, she was just a fragment of his imagination. Meant to stay alive in his dreams, forever.

Next morning, he went straight to his balcony to see if she was there. He was awestruck seeing her beauty. The way morning sunrays kissed her cheek gave him a feeling of finding a heaven on Earth. He closed his eyes with admiration, hoping to relive the scene once again.

But as he opened them, all he could see was a fan going round and round above his head.

She was nothing more than a dream. An illusion.

Yes, she was a dream and he, a dreamer.

***

"Because the best of characters always exist in our dreams."

A shorty with The_Aloof