#112 Something's Amiss

"Hey, can you help me with this assignment?"

"When you've failed on the left
Try and go right
You'll always find a way
You just need to hold tight.

Hey, I'm in that jamming mood tonight. Let's play..."

"I'm so bored."

When the messages started pouring in at 10 in the night, he knew something was definitely amiss. The usual early birds were suddenly trying to become night owls. Something was definitely amiss.

While replying to then, he pondered over the prospects and that's when he realized, it was his special day tomorrow. So the gang was just trying to keep him awake by giving those childish reasons.

And truth be told, even he wanted to stay awake. He still didn't understand why people loved to disturb their prescious sleep and celebrate it at midnight, but the excitement of it had seeped into him too. Like them, even he wanted to stay awake.

But then, they didn't know something about him that he knew so well. If there were two things on which he had no control on, then they were hunger and sleep. When their waves hit, his body automatically processed the signals without his permission.

And that's what happened.

After making all the effort to stay awake, his body forced his eyes shut at 11:59 PM.

There was not a single thing he could do about it other than listen to the gang's drama the other day.

***

"After all, some things aren't in our control."