#62 Rain

Leaving his inhibitions behind, he allowed those drops to trickle down his body. The sensation they left still remained unmatched.

He remembered that night a couple of years ago when they had been together.

Hand in hand, they had walked down this street getting drenched in the first shower. People stared at them, but they didn't care. They just reveled in each other's presence. At that time, in that moment, only they mattered. He was the wisp of air and she, those drops of rain. They were meant to be together.

But somewhere down the road, life conspired against them. He went on to chase his dreams. She flew away just to forget the memories.

The town which was a witness to all their memorable moments was left behind just like that.

But those moments had never been forgotten. Two years later, he was back to stroll in this street. No matter how much he tried, he knew he could never forget her.

And neither could she.

There she stood, a couple of paces away, watching the love of her life relive all those moments. As their eyes met, those cruel two years were whisked away in a blink. No words were spoken, but none were needed too.

As they kissed under the rain, once again the people stared. And just like last time, they didn't care. For that moment, in that second, it was only they that mattered.

As a new day dawned, they left again to wander down their chosen paths. But this time, they left with a promise.

A promise to return next year when the first showers would soak this street. A promise to share another kiss under this trickling drops of gold.

Without a doubt, rain had become their symbol of love.

***

"Just like the first showers, love too can leave you drenched in a mirage of emotions."

***

When you fall in love, what do you wish to have as a symbol of your love?