#17 Aditya.

"Miss Sen," the teacher called out.

A short girl with big round glasses stood up.

"Yes sir?"

"Since this it your first day at school Miss Sen, come here and distribute this books to the class. Would be a nice opportunity for you to know the names of some of your classmates."

She picked up a bunch from the desk and started calling out names. Boys and girls kept raising their hands as she delivered their books with a smile.

Some twenty books down, his name flashed on the final one.

Aditya.

"Aditya with a full stop?" she asked out loud.

Entire class chuckled as he raised his hand ever so slowly. She walked up to his desk and placed his book down. Her smile this time was wider than what she gave the others.

"Hi," she held out her hand, "I'm Riya. Without a full stop ofcourse," she winked saying the final words.

Sixty years later, the nameplate outside their house still reads the same.

Aditya. (with a full stop)
Riya (without a full stop)

People have laughed and made fun, but they've never bothered to change it.

"It spreads a smile on your face when you read, doesn't it?" they like to say.

While only they know the real reason behind it.

***

Do you know anyone who puts a full stop after their name?