#27 Magic

"You're laughing?" she looked in utter disbelief at the man she called her friend. He was supposed to console her, push her over the line, motivate her. But no. He was just mocking her with his grin.

"Well, I don't think I'd cry over such a small issue."

This time, even she let out a smile. She'd never speak it before him, but she was grateful to have a friend like him. He was the only one in this whole wide world who could make her smile in such situations. Not that she agreed her condition was one to laugh upon either.

"What! Do you really think my inability to write is a small issue?"

He made every effort he could to put on a serious face. But nothing helped him suppress another wave of laughter. This girl, seriously! If there was one thing he knew while talking to her, was that the levels of drama would always be set at a hundred percent.

She had finished the whole story last night. It was just the last scene which was bugging her a bit. And yet, she doesn't forget to term it as her inability to write. Wow!

"Here," he offered her a pen, "You see this? This ain't just a pen. It's a magic wand gifted to me by a great wizard. Just touch it to your paper and witness the power of magic."

She never believed in magic. It's just a way to fool the innocent, she had told him once. But yes, she believed in him.

Ever so slowly she allowed the tip of her pen to touch the blank page. At that very moment, something happened. Magic? She didn't know. But the pen never left the paper till the whole scene was over. Her hand glided over the paper making those patterns which the people termed as words.

"Magic ain't in the pen dear. It's in you!"

Her heart leapt hearing his words. Yes, the real magic is in me. I kept it hidden under the masks of fear. But all those fears are long gone now. Get ready world, get ready to witness the power of magic. Power of me.

***

"Everyone has some or the other magic hidden inside them."