Blunt (Toogata Mirio)

Your heart feels frozen in your chest.

You stare at Mirio, mouth gaping as you try to process what he's just said to you. The normally cheerful smile on his face has fallen, and now he wears one of uneasy concern. You manage to gather yourself enough to shut your mouth but still can't form words, especially not ones that could do justice to the long... confession you had just received.

Mirio had never been one to half-ass anything, he had trained hard to be a hero, which was a clearly important part of his life. Why wouldn't he work hard on making a memorable confession to his crush, too? He had thought long and hard about a relationship, knowing the drawbacks of being a hero and trying to juggle romance, but he felt that was an issue that could be discussed between the two of you when it came to that.

He just had to ask you out and see if you'd say yes first.

You're in shock that he, of all people, was the one to ask you out; he hadn't ever shown any signs of liking you, none that you could pinpoint. He was friendly, cheerful, amicable to all with a certain shine in his eyes that showed he still meant business. It was admirable, perhaps why you had gained a crush on him to begin with, but the thought of him having thought of you in the same way... it's almost too much for your poor heart to take.

"I... thank you."

"Thank you?" Mirio looks even more puzzled now, a small bead of sweat slipping down the side of his head. "You're welcome?"

"No- I mean..." The words are still jumbled but you can feel yourself smoothing out your ruffled feathers, and you gather yourself together. "I'd be happy to go out with you, Mirio. I just... didn't expect it would be me of all people."

His grin could blind anyone within a ten-mile radius, and his cheer could deafen anyone with a twenty-mile radius; he seemed over the moon, ecstatic, thrilled, so many emotions flowing through him at once.

"You won't regret it!" He tells you excitedly, pulling you into a hug so tight you could feel every muscle in his upper body. There's a heavenly moment where you think the hug might last forever but Mirio is called out to by one of the other upperclassmen, and unfortunately releases you to see what they want. He waves goodbye, an extra skip in his step as he goes off to his next class leaving you in a daze.

"He's so energetic... what did I just get myself into?"

A relationship with one of the top three... it would make for an interesting school year, at least.