Change (Hatsume Mei)

"I really thought that would work!" Mei exclaims, looking exasperated at her inventions that had collapsed around her; you were an unfortunate victim of the same landslide, one that had caused you to be trapped together underneath it all.

"You think all your inventions will work, Mei! You need to be more careful when testing them out." You glance around and wonder if you could move some of the inventions to make a hole one of you could crawl out of to get help, but it's clear that if one moves, the whole thing will come tumbling down. "Looks like we'll be trapped for awhile..."

"I could use some alone time for tinkering..." She plops back down and pulls out the device she had been working on before you were trapped in the avalanche, a machine that was supposed to send opponents flying when they got anywhere close. It sure would've worked if it was used on an opponent and not a mountain of broken/useless machinery aka her inventions.

"Does it really count as alone time if I'm here?"

"Oh... you're right! Would you like to try something out for me?"

"Not really, no."

"Ehhhh?! So mean..." She gives you a fake teary-eyed look but quickly focuses her attention back on her invention, that perhaps she could fix and hopefully blow the two of you out of there without any extreme damage being done. "And to think you were my muse!"

"Your... muse?"

"It's the best thing to be to an inventor!" She perks up and smiles. "I create all these great things so you'll be proud of me, and then once you trust in my devices, I can make one just for you! Everything I do... is inspired by you!"

Her words were cute, and the way she was looking at you with those glowing eyes... How could you stay mad at her when she's looking at you like she is? Except...

"...Are you just trying to butter me up because my cousin sells support items!?"

Some things never change.