Always (Midoriya Izuku)

Midoriya had achieved everything he had ever wanted.

He was the top hero now, the strongest in the nation, and he had made All Might prouder than ever. The journey had been long and tenuous but he had never given up, even when he wanted to, even when he was tearing his body apart he kept walking until he reached what he wanted. You had to admit he even inspired you to be a better person, a better hero, just all around better at life.

You're happy you had snatched his heart away when you were young in class together, he'd had a crush on you ever since you were kids; he was sweet and fun to be around, even if you were teased for hanging around with the quirkless kid. When his quirk appeared you were shocked (though much later in your relationship, after he'd officially become pro, he confided in you about where this sudden power had come from).

You had walked side-by-side with him for such a long time, that when he took a full leap ahead of you, you felt lost.

Were you going to lose your Midoriya?

He didn't just belong to you anymore, not now that he was the number one hero. He had other obligations, other duties he had to perform to both keep his status as number one, but also to save as many people as he could. The time spent with him becomes less and less, and when he is home, he needs his rest and you couldn't imagine bothering him. You can't help but feel that you're being a burden to his life, since he continues to try hard to spend time with you, even when he was exhausted.

He never knew how to stop, and just let himself rest.

But he also knew you better than you could ever imagine, and he notices immediately your change in both attitude and energy.

"Could you... tell me what's wrong?" You want to lie to him but there's something about his eyes, how unassuming and honest they are, that prevents you from even uttering something that wasn't true.

"I feel a little... inferior I guess. You're out here doing great things for the world, and that's what you've always wanted to do! So of course I'm happy, the world always needs more great heroes but... what about my hero? My personal hero who swoops in a brings me midnight ice cream when I'm sad, or who's always ready to give me a foot rub after a long day? My feelings are entirely selfish, so please don't let them-"

"Don't be silly!" He gives you a bright, shining smile, one that could put All Might's to shame. "I will always be there to protect you."