With You (Haimawari Kouichi)

"Sometimes I wonder if I should just be a vigilante with the rest of you."

Kouichi is surprised to hear you say such a thing, especially when you'd worked so hard to get into the hero course in the first place. He had been jealous at first but his life hadn't been so bad, he had just gone with what life wanted to give him. He may not be a legal hero, but he still did good work, even the minor jobs that big name heroes thought was below them.

There were so many ways to be a hero.

"Where did that come from?" He asks, fiddling around with the string to his hoodie. "I thought things were beginning to get easier?"

"They are but... I don't know if just a hero is what I want to be! I see everyone in class and they all go the extra mile to be who they have to, they have big ideas for the future, and all that but I... I just want to do things without having to think of all that, you know?"

"Well, you can't get stronger if you don't train, right?"

"The lessons are good but... sometimes they go over my head. I just feel completely... stupid." Your head falls and Kouichi jumps, worried that you might start crying; he didn't know how to cheer up a crying person, illegal hero or not!

"H-Hey! You're worrying about the little things but I think that's just how it is sometimes... being a hero isn't easy but at least you won't get in trouble for saving people. I missed my chance but you shouldn't throw away yours, not yet."

"Thanks, Kouichi..." You try to perk back up and muster a weak smile. He awkwardly wraps his arm around your shoulder, looking away but taking it as a good sign his arm has yet to be ripped off. You lean into his side and make his heart jump. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

He's the one who doesn't know what he'd do without you, but to hear you say that...

"I'm with you okay? Always."