Never Too Late (Yagi Toshinori)

Toshinori had been thinking about it for a long time.

When he was younger he had laughed at the idea of marriage; it wasn't that he didn't believe in love or true marriages, it was just that the idea was foreign to a hero who had to spend his time doing other things. He was the Symbol of Peace, and he had no time to do personal things; everything he did was for the sake of the world and it's citizens.

He wonders know if he should've been more selfish, so that he could've proposed when there was still plenty of time left in his life.

When he approaches you he wonders if he's being too selfish, if you having to watch him deplete away would actually be hurting you instead of making you happy. He decides that you're smart, and that it's for you to decide; the ring sits patiently in his pocket, waiting for the right moment.

He can feel when the moment is right, as corny as it sounds; he begins to talk about his feelings for you, how happy you've made him over the years and how patient you've been with his hero duties. He worries more and more as he talks that you're not going to respond positively but it was better he lay his feelings on the table when, at this point, he has nothing left to use.

"Will you marry me?"

"Of course I will."

His heart begins to ache in a way that feels good, as odd as it sounds. It's overflowing the love and support you, along with many close associates, had given him through the years. He knows his career as a hero as officially ended but it didn't mean his life up until his death had to be meaningless.

He would make it as full of love as possible.