The First Move (Hadou Nejire)

Nejire could always find a reason to touch you.

"Your hands are so little! Here, here, let's compare them!" She'd grab your hand in hers and shoot you a dazzling smile, enough to nearly knock you off balance. Her hands were soft, a bit cold, but still comforting. You never minded when she held your hand, but you wished she'd just be straight forward about what she wanted; she knew the size of your hands already, because she'd already pulled this trick two times in the past day.

"Oh, is that a bug in your hair? Don't freak out, I'll get it for you!" She'd reach over and stroke through your hair, gentle, not as though she's looking for something but as though she's just enjoying the way it felt. You never minded when she did, even if it made your heart race ridiculously fast. What were you going to do with her? And was it weird to ask her to keep running her fingers through your hair just because it felt good?

"It's so cold out right now! Feel my hands, feel how cold they are!" She'd squish her hands on your cheek, but the pressure only lasted for a moment, soon, it just felt like she was caressing your face. Your eyes would lock with hers and her face would soften and you swear your heart would beat out of your chest if you had to stay in this position any longer. With all the tricks she used on you, she still never touched you in the way you wanted to be touched.

"Hey, Nejire, I think you have something on your face." She turns to you with a curious look, looking for a reflective surface in the area to see what you're talking about. "Let me handle it."

You lean forward and press your lips against hers, surprised you hit the target on the first try. You can feel her smile against your lips and she stays put, patiently waiting for you to pull away before she speaks again.

"I was waiting forever for you to make the first move. Good job!"

"What do you mean waiting on me? You could've made the first move you know! You made all other kinds of moves on me!"

"I don't know what you're talking about!"