Scars (Midoriya Izuku)

You're quiet as Midoriya traces the scar on your back, picturing the kicked puppy dog look he was most likely wearing while looking at it.

He had been wary about leaving your side while you were in the hospital getting treated for your wound, asking the doctors all sorts of questions that your brain was too fogged to process. You knew he felt guilty about it, he had been the 'cause' of it after all. You didn't want to place blame of your injury on anyone but yourself, though, because you had been the one to dive into the action. Your reflexes had gone into overdrive as you protected Midoriya from an attack that could've rendered him immobile and destroyed any chances of winning against the enemy.

"Does it... still hurt?" He asks quietly, after finally pulling his hand away.

"There's tingles, but it's ghost pain. It doesn't really bother me much anymore..." You pull your shirt back down and turn to face him, but find he won't look you in the eye.

"The whole point of me being a hero is to keep you safe... The fact that I let this happen to you..."

"Izuku." You smack his cheeks, then squeeze them and force him to look directly in your eyes. "It's not your fault, and you know it. I just wanted to be a hero for you, you know? It's something I know you would've done for me."

"B-But...!"

"No buts! Now start practicing that All Might smile, and reassure me!"

"It's fine now..." He sounded a bit weak, his smile half-assed, but another smack from you keeps him to perk up. He plasters a huge grin on his face, smiling with all his might to show you that he's trying.

"Again!"

"It's fine now! Why? Because I am here!"