Slow Dance (Todoroki Shouto)

Todoroki looked absolutely perfect in a suit.

You knew he hadn't wanted to attend such a large, fancy event, since it involved his father, but there were still appearances to put up and his sister had begged him to at least go to make his own hero contacts. He felt uncomfortable in his suit and fidgeted the entire time, but his only saving grace was being able to have you accompany him.

"You look good, Shouto," You swat his hand away from his tie and laugh as he looks pouty for a few seconds, before his father takes the stage and his neutral expression returns. "Lets take our seats, alright."

You don't listen much to Todoroki Enji's speech, instead playfully kicking at Todoroki under the table and lacing your fingers with his. You knew the more he listened to his father talk the more annoyed he'd be, but at least you could provide a few minor distractions to keep him from going completely insane.

The speech is over before you both know it (mostly because Todoroki kept giving you looks while you shrugged and pretended it totally wasn't you trying to play footsies with him under the table), and Todoroki's shoulders finally relax. You glance over and see couples begin to head to the dance floor, soft music flowing through the room.

His father would soon be coming to sit at this table, so maybe you could...

"Hey, Shouto," He glances over at you, and looks surprised to see you standing beside him, hand extended. "May I have this dance?"

He seems to hesitate for a fraction of a second before he takes your hand and stands up, leading you to the corner of the dance floor farthest away from the table. He knew how to slow dance because of his mother, he remembers long ago when he used to stand on her feet, twirling around the kitchen, during a time when things weren't so bad.

"Thank you." He mutters in your ear, half-way through the dance. Your arms are wrapped around his neck, his hands on your hips, your bodies only about an inch apart.

"What are you thanking me for?"

"For making tonight... tolerable. Thank you."