Chamomile Tea (Amajiki Tamaki)

Tamaki had always kept to a good schedule.

He'd go to bed at a decent time should his patrols allow it, and he'd keep to waking up early no matter what time he'd gone to bed, as he'd get a headache if he were to sleep in. He was comfortable with his schedule as it gave him quiet time in the mornings to himself so that he could think of all the things he had to do for the day, momentarily stress out about it, before getting it together and getting ready to actually take said stressful tasks on. It was a routine that he had grown attached to, but things wouldn't last this way forever.

He didn't really mind that you interrupted his morning quiet time. If you woke up alongside him and offered to make him breakfast, he'd accept, sitting at the table and having a sleepy half-whispered conversation with you as you both tried to wake up. You left him alone to get prepared for the day but you always attempted to soothe his worried thoughts when he sorted through all the things on his agenda for the day; he wasn't used to having a voice of reason be with him so early in his day and he found your positive words made the problems he had to deal with as a pro-hero far easier to take-on (when in his past, such positivity felt like it only weighed him down and placed even higher expectations upon him).

There was, however, one downside.

"You won't be coming home tonight?" Tamaki can't hide the audible disappointment in his voice and he winced as you let out an unhappy sigh; he knew you weren't unhappy at him or his comment, as you had thought you would be home that night, too, but he still couldn't fight off that small nagging part of his brain that said 'you upset them'!

"I'm sorry, I wish I could. But I'll be home tomorrow, promise!" You rarely ever broke a promise to him so he stated that he understood and that he'd see you then. After hanging up the phone and finally being alone with his thoughts he felt the dread seep in, this unexplainable weight dropping itself very suddenly onto his chest, so suddenly it almost knocked the wind from his lungs. He hadn't been alone in his home since you'd moved in. He could always count on you coming home every night, and he never stayed out overnight if he could help it. This was the first time he'd sleep alone in a long time and he didn't like that feeling at all.

To him, it feels unsettling not to have you by his side. Occasionally, when his anxiety got the better of him as he was trying to fall asleep, he would listen to the sound of your breathing or he'd roll over and press his head to your chest to listen to the beat of your heart to calm himself. It was soothing in its own way to him and he was grateful he'd found something to calm him when he worked himself into a tizzy, though now he was at a loss at what to do since neither your breathing or heartbeat was present beside him. He tried to ignore it, to think of other things that he enjoyed, to remember that you'd be coming home in the morning and be there to greet him, but nothing could silence his racing thoughts.

He's on his side, dialing your number within two hours of attempting to fall asleep; after the phone rings a few times he realized how late it must be and that he could be waking you up-

"Hello?" You sounded sleepy, but not annoyed, so that was a start.

"S-Sorry- I didn't realize what time it was. I'll just-"

"You called for a reason didn't you, Tamaki? What's wrong?"

"I can't... I can't sleep..."

You didn't seem at all surprised to hear his confession and he could hear the smile in your voice as you told him you missed him as well, missed how you couldn't cuddle up next to his impossibly warm body or run your fingers through his hair to quiet him down when he was having a bad dream. Talking to you takes a load off his mind and he found himself to be drifting off quickly, heading burrowing itself further into the pillow as he listened to the sound of your voice which had turned into soft breathing once you'd also fallen asleep.

Needless to say, his sleep didn't quite feel restful that night but your smiling face in the morning was all he needed to be rejuvenated.