Sick Days (Amajiki Tamaki)

"I'm sorry about this."

Tamaki's eyes follow you as you dart around his room, cleaning up stray materials and clothing that he hadn't quite had the energy to take care of lately. He lay in bed curled up and cold, shivering uncontrollably as his body desperately tries to warm up. You gave him a look of concern as you press the warm cloth to his head, wondering if he had hypothermia or something of the sort due to his internship. The winters had been getting increasingly colder, and he seemed to have almost no resistance to it at all, which ended with him completely out of commission.

He hadn't even planned on telling you he was sick, but with Mirio away on hero business, you were one of the only people he could turn to. As much as he cared for Nejire, he wasn't positive he could deal with her incessant questions while he was in such a condition. Not to mention, it had been a long time since he'd gotten to see you, and even if he was in pathetic condition, at least he knew you being around would make him feel better.

"You don't have to apologize every time I do something for you, Tamaki. I'm happy to do it." You stroke the side of his face, partly to get a feel for his temperature and partially out of affection, a move which has quite the effect on Tamaki. His face grows a dark shade of red, and you would've worried more had you not known how he was when it came to you. "I want to take care of you."

The words shot straight into his heart, his head starting to feel dizzy and his vision fading quickly.

You wanted to take care of him? Take care? Of him? He could barely process a coherent thought, let alone one of the most wonderful things he'd ever heard in his life. He didn't want to put you into the position to have to take care of him, but the fact you would... that you offered... that he wasn't just a burden but someone you truly cared about...

"I-I'm... I'm going to sleep now..." He muttered, pulling the blanket over his face so you couldn't see the all too happy smile on it. "Thank you..."

"I'll check back in later. Sleep well, Tamaki!"