Argument (Bakugou Katsuki)

Sometimes, he really wanted to keep his mouth shut.

As much as his personality would say otherwise, he hated to fight. That only applied to fights with you, of course, but he kept repeating that mantra in his head as he tried to ignore the words coming out of your mouth that were igniting his temper. He finally broke, yelling back in irritation, with you responding tenfold. The argument was intense, as they generally were when they happened, and it had ended with you completely walking out on him.

Bakugou felt guilty.

It was a stupid fight over something even stupider; he should've just ignored you and let you whine, and when you were finished, things would've just gone back to normal. He's ready to leap into action and follow you out into the night, but a nagging thought hits him. What if you didn't want to see him anymore? What if being alone was better than being with him? If you wanted to see him, you'd come back, and that was that. He stopped himself from heading out the door after you and sat back down, trying to rationalize the feelings he was having away.

He can't relax. There's a heavy feeling in the pit of his stomach, like something bad was happening, but he couldn't pinpoint it. He grows more anxious, glancing over at the front door and waiting for the doorknob to wiggle to signal your arrival home. Ten minutes pass, then twenty, and soon it was an hour, and still you weren't home. He's pacing around the house now, still too stubborn to grovel after you but he knew he'd reach his limit soon.

His eyes are drawn to the TV, which had been previously muted, but he sees flashing lights that capture his attention. He dives for the remote and turns up the TV, eyes plastered to the screen as he tries to piece together what's happening. He feels his entire body numb at the sound of a villain attack, one that normally would've gotten him fired up, but you were still out there... and the attack was happening too close for comfort.

He can't just sit and watch anymore, his pride be damned. He's out the door in the next minute, running down the street towards the sound of the chaos. There's rubble everywhere, along with a screaming villain who was now under control, but he's not interested in the scene like he would've been.

He spots you near an emergency vehicle, and grits his teeth; you were clearly injured, hair a total mess and looking like you might've been hit with spare rubble. Your face is full of cuts that were still being cleaned up and your arm was in a sling, but you weren't dead. If he wasn't who he was, he might've been crying from relief right now.

He loudly calls out your name which causes you, and all the workers nearby, to jump in surprise. He easily pushes through the people who try to tell them to stay back, because at this point, no one in the world could stop him from getting to you. When he finally does reach you he can see the regret in your eyes, the fight already quickly fading from both of your minds.

"I'll be alright, Katsuki." You try your best to keep your voice steady but he just scoffs. He leans forward and pulls you into his arm, his hand stroking the back of your head while his forehead rests on your shoulder.

"Don't leave my side again, got it?"