Hero (Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu)

The past few hours is a complete blur, and you don't know why there's voices repeating lines you don't remember in your head.

"Don't worry."

"You're safe now. I got you."

"We're getting you to a hospital."

When you finally open your eyes again you're blinded by the brightness of the hospital and feel a migraine immediately hit you. You rub your head and groan, glancing around you and then down at yourself; the room was empty, and you only had a few bandages and bruises.

That's right, a villain attacked!

You had been right in the first line of fire, and had almost been knocked out completely before you could be of any use. You could remember being buried under some rubble, trying to push it off of you while directing people to the exits who were running and screaming past you; being a student hero was difficult when you couldn't really do much.

A nurse wanders in and gives you a brief smile before looking down at your chart, writing a few things down, and checking your vitals. You're still too weak to talk but she seems to sense you need a drink, and returns shortly with ice water.

"When you're ready, I can call the doctor in. You also have a person outside waiting for you to wake up, but I won't send him in until you're ready."

"There's something waiting for me?" She nods her head.

"He's been here since you've arrived; he was the one who got you here safely. Pretty heroic on his part, you were in bad shape, but everything's evened up now."

She leaves to get the doctor and along the way, tells the person waiting outside they were allowed in. You're surprised to see your classmate, Tetsutetsu, who looks a little roughed dirty and roughed up, but still in better condition than you. It's then that you realize the voices you'd been hearing, the little disjointed moments in your head, had come from him.

"Tetsu..." You look on at him in awe while he rubs his head sheepishly, taking a seat next to you.

"...How ya feelin'?" He's not sure what topic to breach first but you smile at him.

"I'm feeling alright, I'm not in a lot of pain anymore. You were the one who saved me?"

"Yeah! I saw that villain swipe at ya and I wasn't sure what to do." He scratches his cheek. "I got in the way just in time before you got hurt any more, and since the pros arrived, they told me to take you here while they handled it. I would've liked to stay there and give that villain a piece of my fist..."

"I feel the same, but..." You reach over to touch his hand, which was clenching the sheets on your bed in frustration. "Thank you for saving me. Heroes aren't just people who beat villains, they're the ones who save those in need; you're my hero, Tetsutetsu."

His cheeks turn red and he looks away, though he doesn't move his hand.

Today he really did feel like a hero.