Confess! Confess! (Yaoyorozu Momo)

"I've been in love with you my entire life. Ever since the day I first met you."

She'd practiced this in the mirror countless times, but it was easier telling her reflection this compared to you, the person who she holds these strong feelings for. The two of you had grown stronger together, side-by-side, keeping each other in line and offering helpful advice when needed; you were the best of friends, and now... she wanted to be more.

When she steps out to meet up with you, the butterflies in her stomach begin to go crazy; she was actually going to do it! She was going to confess! She was going to be the one who took the first step into the potential future relationship. Firsts were always scary, she tried to rationalize, but in the end, if the outcome is good it's worth all the fear she felt now. She just had to show how sincere she was.

She remembers how she first met you, how stunning you were to her, how she just felt like she had to hang onto every word you'd ever said. You made her heart flutter when you looked at her, and it beat even harder when you smile or laughed, especially when it was at something you'd said. Her cheeks felt heated when she thought about doing romantic things with you, like quick little kisses or being held in your arms when she was feeling down. Her imagination often ran away with her but she couldn't help it, she had cared for you for years now.

She couldn't bear the thought of someone else snatching you away from her. She knew it was selfish of her to say something like that since she herself hadn't let her feelings be known to you, but it was the exact reason she was rushing into battle today, to make sure that if there was a chance, she was going to get it. She tried not to worry about the little things that might go wrong, even as her anxiety nagged at her to turn back, go home, and text you that she's sick.

She had to do it! No way around it.

She sees you sitting at the table of your cafe alone, sipping on some sweet drink probably; she liked things on the more bitter side, but she tried out every option you gave her just to make you happy. You had done the same for her, and the faces you made were still ingrained in her mind.

"Hello!" You greet her first as she approaches and takes a seat across from you; you were both alone outside, as it was early morning and most people took their drinks and went off to work or school. It was better this way, or at least she hoped.

"It's nice to see you." She sends you a warm smile and you send her one back that all but sets her on fire. "I... I invited you here because I want to talk."

"Go ahead! You actually made me a little nervous saying it like that, so I hope it's good."

"Well... I hope you think it's good as well." Your confused head tilt but continued silence allows her to continue. "We've been friends for years now... We've hung out a lot and I..."

She tries to push out the last words, the sentences she practiced in front of that mirror not even twenty minutes before, but she feels her fear take a hold of her tongue. She's upset that she can't just spit it out, that she was so close and now she was just making herself look like a fool.

"You can tell me, Momo." Your voice is so gentle; you reach across the table and grab her hand. "You don't have to be afraid to tell me anything, because I love you."

"I LOVE YOU TOO!" Her voice became louder than she could control, especially at your... unexpected confession. When she realizes that your words could have easily meant you loved her in a friendship way she grows embarrassed, but she had already gotten this far. "I've been in love with you my entire life. Ever since the day I first met you."

Your cheeks grow dark but you're still smiling.

You stand up and walking over to Momo, having her stand before you grab both of her cheeks and lean up to give her a quick kiss. She's completely rigid because she cannot believe her fantasies are coming true so quickly, but she leans into the kiss to show that she's not opposed to the idea of your lips meeting like this rather frequently.

When the kiss ends she wraps her arms around you.

"I'm so happy."

"I am too, Momo."