Tomorrow (Toogata Mirio)

Why did it always feel like you were losing him?

"Please don't leave."

You toss and turn in bed, trying to get comfortable, but your nightmares force you to stay awake. You're sweating now, uncomfortable, and you sit up in bed ready to take a shower. You glance over to his spot, the one he wasn't currently occupying because he was out on a mission. You always seemed to have nightmares when he was gone.

You turn the shower on and sit on the floor of the tub, wishing the hot water could actually wash away your worries and not just the sweat on your body. You let the water continue to pour over your head, wishing your negative thoughts would circle down the drain. The sound of the front door opening and closing is enough to get you alert again, and though at first you think it's a robber, his voice floats through your ears.

"Honey, I'm home!" He calls out playfully, though you can hear the tiredness behind his voice. You're out of the shower as soon as you can be, throwing on your pajamas and meeting him when he steps into the bedroom.

"You're home!"

"Late night shower?" He asks playfully, before crossing the room to kiss your forehead. You stand there for a moment, stiff, before you bury your face in his chest and wrap your arms around his waist.

"What's wrong?" He whispers in your ear, hand stroking the back of your head. He could always see right through you.

"A bad night."

"I'm sorry. Do you want to talk?" He starts to gently push you back towards the bed. "Or should we get some sleep?"

"Sleep. We always have tomorrow, don't we?"

"Of course we do." He smiles at you. "There'll always be a tomorrow."